The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have heard of this before, what is it exactly and how'd you go about applying?
I've managed to get a place at the Oxford Maths...I sent off the accept offer form...just hope it reaches them cos the envelope didn't seal properly! :frown:
I must say I applied to the Durham one, but i wasn't successful, however my 2 of my friends who got lower grades have got in, and I think this was more on what subjects we were currently studying in relation to what they could offer.
sweetymango
I've managed to get a place at the Oxford Maths...I sent off the accept offer form...just hope it reaches them cos the envelope didn't seal properly! :frown:
I must say I applied to the Durham one, but i wasn't successful, however my 2 of my friends who got lower grades have got in, and I think this was more on what subjects we were currently studying in relation to what they could offer.

maybe it was the final test to see how many applicants would think to stick the envelope down with pritt :wink:

(only joking)
Reply 4
I got rejected from the sutton trust summer school, but then I got an offer from Cam so all was good :P
Reply 5
sweetymango

What week and college is the Maths summer school running at? I'm working on the Ox Sutton Trust, but not maths.

Has anyone else applied for it? What subjects?

And about being rejected - don't take it personally. When I did the summer school a few years back, it was statistcally harder to get onto the summer school than into the university! It will all depend on how popular the course was - they often have insane applicants per place ratios. Places will have been allocated to those from schools with lowest entry to HE, so it is probably the success of the school/college that you go to that stopped you being accepted.
Reply 6
jumpunderaboat
I have heard of this before, what is it exactly and how'd you go about applying?

see www.suttontrust.com - the deadline has passed for this year though. Information on summer 2005 won't be around until early next year.
crana
maybe it was the final test to see how many applicants would think to stick the envelope down with pritt :wink:

(only joking)

Haha I usually do with dodgy envelopes, but anyway I won't go into detail why I hadn't....
anyway my older sister recommended i'd ring them up to check, and thankfully they've received it *phew*
I attended a summer school funded by the Sutton Trust in Cambridge last year and it was amazing! Those of you who get in will have a really really really really really (really!) great time!! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Godmaster
Has nebodi else applied for the sutton trust thingi bob at a uni in the summer...i applied for oxford and got the boot:s-smilie: i blame it on my college their grades r too high 2many cleva ppl...sutton dnt like that apparentli...i shud av applied from my old skl looool

The reasons for rejection could be:-

Applicants school is very successful with all pupils achieving high grades.

Most pupils at applicant's school go onto Higher Education.

Applicant's family have gone into Higher Education in the past.

Applicant's GCSE grades do not demonstrate they would have a reasonable chance of benefitting from what the university has to offer, or they have not done so well in the subject for which they apply to the Sutton Trust.

The more disadvantages from the above situations, the more chance of obtaining a place on the scheme.

Summer school is heavily oversubscribed.

The object of the scheme is to give applicants who might not have considered entering Higher Education a taste of life as an undergraduate.

It is not there to offer those who are intending to apply anyway an advantage!
Reply 10
im at the durham summer school :biggrin:
Reply 11
Hey is any1 going to the notz uni summer school starting from the 4th July?

Latest

Trending

Trending