firegirl555
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I heard that unis are already giving out offers now, i'm asking if it matters to get your UCAS in before the deadline in January like are some unis first come first served with their offers?
KaylaB
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They're not supposed to be, but it reality they sort of are. So it's better to get your application sent off ASAP.

The deadline for courses such as medicine/dentistry or applications to Oxbridge is 15th October at 6pm. So that may be a reason why some have already received offers. For the rest of the courses the deadline is in January sometime.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by firegirl555)
I heard that unis are already giving out offers now, i'm asking if it matters to get your UCAS in before the deadline in January like are some unis first come first served with their offers?
No, all applications received by Jan 15th must be treated equally under Ucas regulations and Ucas can impose severe penalties if it suspects any are not complying.
harina10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tbh, even though they're not supposed to favour applicants who apply early, offers are usually made on a 'rolling' basis. If you've applied when they still have 50 places, you're more likely to be accepted than if in Jan they only have 5 - they have to be more selective. The odds are better for applying early, but don't rush if you're not ready, you don't want to make any mistakes in uni choices
antigone-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by harina10)
Tbh, even though they're not supposed to favour applicants who apply early, offers are usually made on a 'rolling' basis. If you've applied when they still have 50 places, you're more likely to be accepted than if in Jan they only have 5 - they have to be more selective. The odds are better for applying early, but don't rush if you're not ready, you don't want to make any mistakes in uni choices
Agree 100%

For some unis and courses, i.e. History at York, they refuse to look at applications until January due to how competitive it is, but a lot of the time they'll send out offers as soon as applications come.

It's pretty straightforward, the earlier you are, the less competition you have. I would still class anything before mid-November as an early application though so don't rush yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.54%
I don't have everything I need (261)
44.46%

Watched Threads