Turn on thread page Beta

Does short/long or curly/wavy/straight on a girl matter? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    lol
    Whats funny about not having a clue what your on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    oh my.............
    i know...not my cup of tea...but hey, he used to be a sheep-head, now he's a universal sex symbol, so you never know. -->You do realise that i posted the pics the wrong way round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    for a guy, i think short straight geled with wax/gel/roxx to make it look a bit spiky is gd but not too much. dye is also gd. maybe this fashion is too popular but thats life for now in my area.
    dont die ur hair!
    i hate it when guys die their hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    mines dark!
    oh well im never going to qualify for watever u guys want!

darks nice, in reality it depends on the person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Whats funny about not having a clue what your on about?
    lol. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    of coz. its always not gd to hav too much of a gd thing. in tihs case of coz we shouldnt care too much... thats being obsessed.
    btw appearance tells personality most of the time.
    i disagree
    not everyone is a good judge of character
    and dont judge a book by its covers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    of coz. its always not gd to hav too much of a gd thing. in tihs case of coz we shouldnt care too much... thats being obsessed.
    Appearence does not tell a persons personality. They are totally different things.
    Although other peoples reactions to their appearence (the sort of people who are obsessed with superficiality), can influence a persons personality, you cannot tell by looking at someone the sort of person they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i know...not my cup of tea...but hey, he used to be a sheep-head, now he's a universal sex symbol, so you never know. -->You do realise that i posted the pics the wrong way round?
    mayb im jus not used to that fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    bull. maybe when you're old, then yes your appearance reflects a lot of your attitudes, ie, smile lines etc

but at this age? maybe to the extremes, like completely letting yourself go and not caring about how you look, or completely obsessing, but there is far too much middle ground to say that you can tell a personality by appearance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    lol. LOL.
    Oh right.
    I thought you actually had a point to make.
    That was probably asking too much...

ReputationRep:
    i disagree
    lol, thats wt my friend said as well! btw from my experience, the stuff u do in daily life really reflects upon wt kinda person u r and how u look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Oh right.
    I thought you actually had a point to make.
    That was probably asking too much...
    im sorry but u can give me -ve rep.

ReputationRep:
    i disagree
    why not?

we all do it - if you see someone well groomed and crisp youre much more likely to prefer them to a scruffy, unshaven hobo.

since we make a lot of judgements on people when we first see them, it is good to make have a good appearance to make a good first impression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatboyslim)
    darks nice, in reality it depends on the person
    good answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    lol, thats wt my friend said as well! btw from my experience, the stuff u do in daily life really reflects upon wt kinda person u r and how u look.
    so someone who volunteers at an orphange will automatically be amazingly stunning because they are a kind person?! I don't think so. The most beautiful people (inwardly) are usually the kind who don't buy into superficiality, and therefore will generally not be as immediately stunning as those who do. Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    bull. maybe when you're old, then yes your appearance reflects a lot of your attitudes, ie, smile lines etc

but at this age? maybe to the extremes, like completely letting yourself go and not caring about how you look, or completely obsessing, but there is far too much middle ground to say that you can tell a personality by appearance.
    dude man, im old enough to say this. im 17 and im almost 18. that is why i feel some of my friends who werent pretty when theyre like in yr 7 are now at least better. some girls r even quite pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    why not?

we all do it - if you see someone well groomed and crisp youre much more likely to prefer them to a scruffy, unshaven hobo.

since we make a lot of judgements on people when we first see them, it is good to make have a good appearance to make a good first impression.
    we all do it but at the end of the day alot of the time we are rong
    so ur going to judge someone scruffy coz they have curly hair nd clean if they have straight?

ReputationRep:
    why not?

No, we all don't do it.
    I make a point of not judging anyone on their appearence, and not even to make any judgements at all until i know the person.
    First impressions mean little to me, as they are almost certainly wrong, and i would not want them to tarnish in any way on who a person actually is.

ReputationRep:
    why not?

yeah!! agree ar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    im sorry but u can give me -ve rep.
    Nah, no point.
    I don't like giving out neg rep at all, and wont do it unless someones actually done something really bad.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.