Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does short/long or curly/wavy/straight on a girl matter? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    dude man, im old enough to say this. im 17 and im almost 18
    hahaha, so at 17 ...sorry, almost 18.... you have wrinkles in places which reflect what kind of life you've had?! Please actually read what i have said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    so someone who volunteers at an orphange will automatically be amazingly stunning because they are a kind person?! I don't think so. The most beautiful people (inwardly) are usually the kind who don't buy into superficiality, and therefore will generally not be as immediately stunning as those who do. Think about it.
    dude, being nice doesnt mean that ull look like a stunning person. from my experience i think ppl who flirt a lot hav better appearances... hahahaa. thats why i said the stuff they do in real life reflects upon how they look and it isnt necessarily what u call "kind" stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    hahaha, so at 17 ...sorry, almost 18.... you have wrinkles in places which reflect what kind of life you've had?! Please actually read what i have said.
    read on my post first. u r too shallow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    yeah!! agree ar
    you would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    we all do it but at the end of the day alot of the time we are rong
    so ur going to judge someone scruffy coz they have curly hair nd clean if they have straight?
    anyway it doesnt mean u can jus leave ur appearance and dont care about it.

ReputationRep:
    you would
    that argument was against u GIRLS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    wrinkles in places? u dont even know me and ur saying this. respond to my previous msg plz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    but it doesnt meanu have to go out of ur way for ur appearance!
    and judge people coz they have diffeent color hair or different style hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    Why not?
    If someone chose to do that, i would respect them for making that sort of choice.
    A persons appearence should not matter at all, but as to some people it does, a perosns appearence should only represent what they want to look like, and it should be down to them whether they care or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    dude, being nice doesnt mean that ull look like a stunning person. from my experience i think ppl who flirt a lot hav better appearances... hahahaa. thats why i said the stuff they do in real life reflects upon how they look and it isnt necessarily what u call "kind" stuff.
    ok, fair enough, i guess i misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant someone who conducts their life in a beautiful way will appear more beautiful; whereas what you actually meant is that someone spends all day thinking only about their looks will generally have something to show for it.(?)

ReputationRep:
    we all do it but at the end of the day alot of the time we are rong
    so ur going to judge someone scruffy coz they have curly hair nd clean if they have straight?
    no no, you can look clean with curly hair

(Original post by Iluvatar)
    No, we all don't do it.
    I make a point of not judging anyone on their appearence, and not even to make any judgements at all until i know the person.
    First impressions mean little to me, as they are almost certainly wrong, and i would not want them to tarnish in any way on who a person actually is.
    i would have to disagree. i think we do. i think its a subconcious thing. i find it very difficult to believe you make absolutely no judgements at all until you know the person. and i think first impressions mean a lot. apparently not to you but if you walked into an interview with greasy hair (youve got long hair right?), a scruffy beard and an unironed shirt, i sure as hell wouldnt give you the job. you wouldnt show that youre bothered enough to look after yourself, so how would you be responsible for the job?

ReputationRep:
    but it doesnt meanu have to go out of ur way for ur appearance!
    and judge people coz they have diffeent color hair or different style hair!
    dude, believe this or not. that is LIFE. u might disagree with me. i know u r fairly open-minded but the majority of ppl in this world arent. most care a lot about first impressions. so im jus kinda reminding u that u should care about ur appearnce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Why not?
    If someone chose to do that, i would respect them for making that sort of choice.
    A persons appearence should not matter at all, but as to some people it does, a perosns appearence should only represent what they want to look like, and it should be down to them whether they care or not.
    "A persons appearence should not matter at all" - uh huh -_-'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    no no, you can look clean with curly hair

i would have to disagree. i think we do. i think its a subconcious thing. i find it very difficult to believe you make absolutely no judgements at all until you know the person. and i think first impressions mean a lot. apparently not to you but if you walked into an interview with greasy hair (youve got long hair right?), a scruffy beard and an unironed shirt, i sure as hell wouldnt give you the job. you wouldnt show that youre bothered enough to look after yourself, so how would you be responsible for the job?
    people can think what they want
    this argument is pointless
    i win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    wrinkles in places? u dont even know me and ur saying this. respond to my previous msg plz.
    erm, i think you are missing the drift of my post...i was suggesting that you are TOO YOUNG to have wrinkles, thus the kind of life you have led will generally not be indicated on your face.

Also..if you call me 'dude' one more time.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    ok, fair enough, i guess i misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant someone who conducts their life in a beautiful way will appear more beautiful; whereas what you actually meant is that someone spends all day thinking only about their looks will generally have something to show for it.(?)
    no u misunderstood me again... not spend all day. how can u jus have appearance by JUST urself? gaining aesthetical looks, in my experience, is a lot from ur friends. thats how u build up ur fashion and tastes etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    erm, i think you are missing the drift of my post...i was suggesting that you are TOO YOUNG to have wrinkles, thus the kind of life you have led will generally not be indicated on your face.

ok i misunderstand, dudette. no dude ok? hahaaha

er again, kind of life will reflect on ur face as i said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    dude, believe this or not. that is LIFE. u might disagree with me. i know u r fairly open-minded but the majority of ppl in this world arent. most care a lot about first impressions. so im jus kinda reminding u that u should care about ur appearnce.
    u dont have to remind me anything
    i live life by my standars, and if i wish to ignore first impresions i can
    and dont remind me that i have to care about appearance coz appearance doesnt bother me.... almost 18 boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    Well its true.
    I decided years ago that i was sick of peoples superficiality, and sinse then i have pro-actively avoided making judgements on first impressions, unless a person behaves in such a way as it represents them well, and even then i would not assume that its certain, or let it influence my behaviour to them.

Trust me, i would be able to talk you into giving me the job, whatever my appearence.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.