Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Really, its just about being a world power, the smaller countries are intimidated thus resulting in hate. Britain, by todays standards, is a medium power. Thus with its close relationship with the U.S. it is considered a Nato pawn of america.

I live in Canada, and ill tell you what its like living next to the worlds super power. Our nation is slowly being assimilated by american media, The U.S. get cheap raw material from canada, and it alos tarrifs it costing canadian companies, and eventually bankrupts them. 70% of companies in canada are american own. Canada is invaded my a million american tourists a year, exploiting are low dollar.

I find it sad to be a canadain, moss canadians arent proud to be canadain, are polititians have no balls, they back down everytime and if the dont, america tarrifs canada more, killing our economy. America prevents canada from industrilizing itself, thus costing canadian jobs to the U.S.

I think canada has the most to hate with america, and many canadians to dislike the U.S. but the number is falling, being absorbed is killing an patriotism we have left, pretty soon, pro american MP's will eliminate he Queen as head of state in canada. I wish Canada would strengthen itself with the U.K., but it will never happen if the U.K. remains too close with the U.S.

although americans are generlly fat, rude, and gun hoe, they are the worlds super power, i guess we will have to learn to live with it!

ReputationRep:
    What part of Canada are you from? Kooksville?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I want to say that I dont hate the american people, I love them and think they are tops. I will say however, that I hate the American Govt, becuase they think they can go and do whatever the hell they want and ive only ever felt this way since certain wolrd events have happened. The Untited Nations said no and they still went ahead, thats how World Wars happen man, you cant just go against the International Governing body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Firstly I want to say that I dont hate the american people, I love them and think they are tops. I will say however, that I hate the American Govt, becuase they think they can go and do whatever the hell they want and ive only ever felt this way since certain wolrd events have happened. The Untited Nations said no and they still went ahead, thats how World Wars happen man, you cant just go against the International Governing body.

The problem with the "International Governing body" is that it isn't powerful enough. We went against them and nothing happened. We face no consequences besides the loss of life that has occured due to our escapades in Iraq. I believe that it is right to help the less fortunate, but we shouldn't go against the U.N. On the other hand, does any other country or group of countries have the right to tell another what to do unless they can prove that they are more dominant than the first country? That's the problem with the U.N. We will walk all over the rest of the world until ya'll stand up for yourselves or our leaders change their ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    but we shouldn't go against the U.N.
    And thats my problem with america.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canuck)
    Canada is invaded my a million american tourists a year, exploiting are low dollar.
    invaded?

tax rates in Canada are lower, bearing in mind you are part of NAFTA, the presence of US companies in Canada is logical. this is to the benefit of Canadians and the US. like many of your problems, it is the decision of the state(who are so liberal they let prosecuted terrorists back into the country). if you want to protect national interest start blaming yourselves and not the US.

I find it sad to be a canadain, moss canadians arent proud to be canadain, are polititians have no balls, they back down everytime and if the dont, america tarrifs canada more, killing our economy. America prevents canada from industrilizing itself, thus costing canadian jobs to the U.S.
    you have a NAFTA trade agreement with the US, apart from timber im not aware of any other tariff that the US has applied. US trades more with canada than the EU, sells twice as much to Canada than to Japan, and imports from Canada the most oil and gas than anywhere else. the number of jobs this trade supports aswell as the reliance of the Canadian economy on US trade is large. that is not to say a lumber tariff is not a significant hinderence on the Canadian economy.

I think canada has the most to hate with america, and many canadians to dislike the U.S. but the number is falling, being absorbed is killing an patriotism we have left, pretty soon, pro american MP's will eliminate he Queen as head of state in canada.
    im surprised, as a Canadian, you dont see the larger picture. the US would love it if you tightened up your immigration policy, defended Canadian values and even promoted the role of the Queen! the problem is Canada has one of the most absurdly liberal societies, that, like the EU, is tearing down your ideas of patriotism and identity, with multicultural banter and politically correct guff. the US wants a strong partner with a proud citizenship, not one thats willing to let known terrorists to live under Canadian nationality having fought for Al-Qaeda and being suspected of an attack on US soil. its a 2-way street.

I wish Canada would strengthen itself with the U.K., but it will never happen if the U.K. remains too close with the U.S.
    it will never happen because we think your negligence on the terrorism issue is bordering on disbelief.

although americans are generlly fat, rude, and gun hoe, they are the worlds super power, i guess we will have to learn to live with it!
    how constructive..

ReputationRep:
    Really, its just about being a world power, the smaller countries are intimidated thus resulting in hate. Britain, by todays standards, is a medium power. Thus with its close relationship with the U.S. it is considered a Nato pawn of america.

I live in Canada, and ill tell you what its like living next to the worlds super power. Our nation is slowly being assimilated by american media, The U.S. get cheap raw material from canada, and it alos tarrifs it costing canadian companies, and eventually bankrupts them. 70% of companies in canada are american own. Canada is invaded my a million american tourists a year, exploiting are low dollar.

I think canada has the most to hate with america, and many canadians to dislike the U.S. but the number is falling, being absorbed is killing an patriotism we have left, pretty soon, pro american MP's will eliminate he Queen as head of state in canada. I wish Canada would strengthen itself with the U.K., but it will never happen if the U.K. remains too close with the U.S.

This is a very imformative post thank you. It is always good to here another oppinion. I have read quite a lot about Canadas welfare ect and I think it sounds like a really nice there. I would much rather live in Canada than the USA. If what you say if true then America are treating canada very badly which is worrying.

ReputationRep:
    And thats my problem with america.
    and the UN is any good?
    i assure u it is somehow controlled by america
    it proved it to me when the plan for cyprus's reunification was biased

ReputationRep:
    Thats a separate issue, Violating international law is my grievance, whether it was right or wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a separate issue, Violating international law is my grievance, whether it was right or wrong.
    what do u mean?

ReputationRep:
    I mean im not talking how the UN operates and whether it is effective, Im talking about violating international law.

ReputationRep:
    What I don't like about the USA is is that most carbon monoxide and other gasse burn't are given of in the USA. The USA accounts for than half the worlds carbon monoxide yet the population is only 250 million compared with 6.2 billion of the world.

I also hate the government and any system that allows comedians to run a country is corrupt. As for american people I don't know any so can't really comment.

ReputationRep:
    I mean im not talking how the UN operates and whether it is effective, Im talking about violating international law.
    hmm ok

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=amazingtrade]What I don't like about the USA is is that most carbon monoxide and other gasse burn't are given of in the USA. The USA accounts for than half the worlds carbon monoxide yet the population is only 250 million compared with 6.2 billion of the world.

please consult the Bush and Ethics thread for a more educated debate.

I also hate the government and any system that allows comedians to run a country is corrupt. As for american people I don't know any so can't really comment.
    you hate democracy aswell, hmm. anything you actually like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i assure u it is somehow controlled by america
    it proved it to me when the plan for cyprus's reunification was biased
    UN controlled by america?
    9/11 never happened?
    anymore conspiracy theories?

biased = not to your liking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    This is a very imformative post thank you.
    void of any factual evidence.

I would much rather live in Canada than the USA.
    because you hate their FOREIGN policy? but not the people that live there of course!

If what you say if true then America are treating canada very badly which is worrying.
    why is it worrying?

ReputationRep:

Hmmm...nice spelling. Seems you don't even know what you're talking about, but never mind, keep on the good work..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rikku)
    Hmmm...nice spelling. Seems you don't even know what you're talking about, but never mind, keep on the good work..
    someone had to say it and for once it wasnt me.

how are the elections doing over there Rikku?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    someone had to say it and for once it wasnt me.

how are the elections doing over there Rikku?
    What elections? :confused: Czech elections? Those are gonna be in 2006 ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rikku)
    What elections? :confused: Czech elections? Those are gonna be in 2006 ..
    European elections?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.