The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
No it's not, you're pretty tall for a girl as well.
No you're not shallow but you're insecure about your height because you might be considered as 'tall' for a female. Therefore, this affects the type of guys that you go for.
Original post by ILovePancakes
What are most girls below then?

Edit: Just googled the average weight for a woman. 154 pounds. Nvm

Really wtf
I'm 136

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sparster
Nah this isn't right, I cannot agree. The average woman in the UK / America (I cba to look it up) is around 5 foot 7 last time I checked. It is definitely not as short as 5 foot 2, that was decades ago, people in general are much taller now due to better diets and such. The average man is around 5 foot 9, I agree there.

I think it is okay to partially base who you date based on their height, I mean why not. However, you should also take into account other factors as well such as personality clearly. And this is coming from someone who does meet your criteria at 6 1 xD.

Personally I don't care how tall they are provided the girl isn't like 5 10+, that would scare me.

The average height of a female in the UK is about 5'3/5'4, not 5'7.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by slade p
No it's not, you're pretty tall for a girl as well.

I know a lot of girls who are that tall.
You are on the right direction. Girl. Tall guys can protect you from thugs.
Original post by Jenniferrimmer
All my friends think im shallow for wanting a guy above 6ft, i have turned down guys due to their height even when they look great. Im 5ft 7 and 6ft is the minimum for me. Am i being too shallow, my friends think im harsh but for me height is a really important factor.

Yes you are shallow but its your preferences. At the end of the day who you date is who you date not who your friends date. In my opinion of course height should just be a small factor in someone's attractiveness I mean what does a 6ft person actually do that a 5'9 person can't?

If you come at it from a practical angle, we aren't barbarians anymore and being bigger in size means less so than other factors.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Proxenus
Really wtf
I'm 136

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I'm 110.

Didn't think there'd be such a big difference between my weight and the average..
What will happen when your 6ft master race man shrinks to bellow 6ft from old age?
Original post by judogainz
im 6ft you want to ride bbbygal

Why the heck you lying
You are 5'6:colonhash:
Reply 70
Most relationships are shallow and based mainly on looks so basing relationships on height is no different.
Original post by felamaslen
It's not shallow, it's just strict.

We all have limits, even the most morally narcissistic virtue signaller on tumblr will not have sex with somebody they do not feel sexually attracted to. You won't either. Don't pretend otherwise. And don't pretend that there aren't a tonne of deal breakers which are entirely physical, and entirely out of the potential date's control.

In fact, the personality is another physical trait. Neural pathways are not some fuzzy, immaterial concept - they are a physical reality. You dislike certain people because of their personalities, which are physical traits arising both from their environmental and genetic condition.

Can you then define "shallow"? it seems to me rejecting someone solely on the basis of his/her height is the definition of shallow.

True, it's pointless debating physical preferences. People like what they like. But if this is not shallow, I don't know what is.
Original post by PetitBourgeois
Can you then define "shallow"? it seems to me rejecting someone solely on the basis of his/her height is the definition of shallow.

True, it's pointless debating physical preferences. People like what they like. But if this is not shallow, I don't know what is.

I'd turn the question around and say if this is shallow, what isn't?

Is it also shallow to reject somebody because they are too thin or fat?
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Why the heck you lying
You are 5'6:colonhash:

how'd you know that?:colonhash:
Original post by felamaslen
I'd turn the question around and say if this is shallow, what isn't?

Is it also shallow to reject somebody because they are too thin or fat?

What makes it shallow is the fact that it's only one feature of a person and it is purely cosmetic. People are complex beings and you're reducing him/her to that one feature and reject him/her on that basis only. It's that reductionism that makes you shallow.

Now this is true if we're talking solely about appearances rather than attitudes, Perhaps some "cosmetic" features connote negative attitudes. Say if I smell like ****, it means I am lazy and don't care about my hygiene and health. But features like height or eye colour or whatever can not possibly provide us with any substantive characteristics on which to judge a person.
Original post by judogainz
how'd you know that?:colonhash:

You made a thread about it :lol:
Original post by ILovePancakes
Lol I'm 110.

Didn't think there'd be such a big difference between my weight and the average..

we can be underweight together

are you the essex girl?
we can be underweight together

are you the essex girl?

I'm not underweight :/

Idk, who is the Essex girl?
I don't date girls above 5'6 :/

How tall are you?
Original post by ChickenMadness
You can do both. You're not deep and thoughtful. Just pretentious.

Ugh. He's not saying you can't. He literally said people who prefer to date on the basis of looks rather than personality or mentality are not very intellectual partners. He didn't say, no one dates caring about both looks and brains. He's talking about those who don't and yes they exist.

Latest

Trending

Trending