Chelsea are way out of their league!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
So new owners take charge of Chelsea, and they have loads of cash. So what? Then they decide to make a £71.4m bid for Raul. Now that is crazy. The owners come in and make a world record bid for a Real Madrid. Now who in their right mind would chose Chelsea over a first team place at Real Madrid. I don't reckon Raul would do that. Chelsea are a relatively small club. If the owners want to splash their cash, then they should try other players, who they at least have a chance of getting.
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It will be very interesting to see what kind of a start chelsea make to the season, money does not guarantee success as many teams have shown in the past.

BTW I'm hoping Newcastle win it this season, cos they play the best football, and I think Bobby Robson deserves it. And cos I don't like Man Utd or Arsenal.
Suk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well seeing as when chelsea had all the cash before (when the bought hasselbank, stanic etc) they did crap as they swapped the team around and hence pld like forest on a good day and when they had no cash (last season) they kept a consistent side, and played, *shock horror* consistentantly and finished 4th i bet this season with all there signings they will **** up, and the russian will give up on them, and then there will be a revelation that he is infact a billionare in only russia (currency rubel or whatever) and that in the UK he has the amount of cash which is comparatable with keith chegwins manhood, and chelsea as a result can not fund all these transfers and cease to exist.
When this is all happening, Derby win the world cup.

Yes this will happen, mark my words.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by GibbonGimp
i bet this season with all there signings they will **** up, and the russian will give up on them, and then there will be a revelation that he is infact a billionare in only russia (currency rubel or whatever) and that in the UK he has the amount of cash which is comparatable with keith chegwins manhood, and chelsea as a result can not fund all these transfers and cease to exist.
When this is all happening, Derby win the world cup.

Yes this will happen, mark my words.
Ha! I like it! Lincoln City for the cup though I'm afriad.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Arsenal to win the treble or at least the double next season. At least we've got a new keeper now, though dunno how good he'll be yet. Also, hope that Pennant gets a decent run out with the 1st team this season, cos he's a brill player, and if not, I fear that he'll want a transfer. Come on Arsne Wenger, blood in some young players!
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
All things football are beyond me so I'll just agree anyway
mushi
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
^ thats because you like busted.
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by mushi
^ thats because you like busted.
hell yes!!! It's cos of their stylish microphones...

It'sPhil...
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Dam
BTW I'm hoping Newcastle win it this season, cos they play the best football...
Newcastle play the best football!!?? WTF!!?? Did you even see any of last season, where Arsenal were for the most part a world ahead of the competition. Some of the football from Arsenal was sublime. Admitedly they fluffed it at the end but for the first 3 quarters of the season no one came close.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Usually, Arsenal start off a bit slowly, and come up real strong for the second half of the season, and build up an unbeaten run. Maybe we should do that this season, instead of running out of steam at the end. We lost or drew too many games towards the end of the last season, but for most of the season, we played amazingly. Pity we couldn't keep it up right till the end.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by It'sPhil...)
Admitedly they fluffed it at the end but for the first 3 quarters of the season no one came close.
To be fair, Man U weren't exactly a million miles away as proved by the fact they did come back.

Portsmouth for the Premiership 2003/2004... ;o)

Seriously though, if I was a betting man and I am, my money would be (will be?!) on Liverpool.

Ed
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its newcastle all the way, about time they won something.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads