Turn on thread page Beta

Why am I so bad at football? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What other sports do you play out of interest. Wilf is right about there being an age advantage to learning football but it goes deeper than that. Many sports have similarities, often you'll see sportsmen say if they hadn't been in one sport they were good enough to make a go of being professional in another. That is a much deeper issue. If you can't do 5 kick ups that suggest your ability to track a ball in the air relative to yourself is pretty poor, just general coordination. Thats why you get sporty kids who are half decent at any sport they try, the basics carry over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snakebite)
    Honestly it's my favourite sport, I love football and would rather do it then weightlifting, but there's a problem, I'm so bad at it it's not even funny, i'm 5'11 and around about 92kg, I'm quite fast actually but other then that I am terrible at all aspects of it. I've been playing for aorund 6 years now and I still can't do more then 5 kicks up, I am awful on the ball, can't pass it or dribble past anyone I just look so unnatural on the ball, I'm basically the kid who always got picked last in football, what should I do? Should I just give up, I swear it must be my genetics that prevent me from playing properly
    BRO

I know that feel man. Honestly my whole ****ing life I have tried to be good at football. 2years ago I have been trying my ass off but I still fail.

Also I know that feel of always being picked last.

Lets become powerlifters together its the sport for people who arent good in other sports.

ReputationRep:
    Practice everyday. It's not hard trust me. Practice technique/ball control. You will eventually improve.

ReputationRep:
    If you can be a defender then Chelsea might be interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    Also confidence is important, maybe you are lacking it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    If you can't do 5 kick ups that suggest your ability to track a ball in the air relative to yourself is pretty poor, just general coordination.
    Just summed up my footballing ability nicely! Always grated I couldn't do it and my brothers could around 20!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to the comment about if you haven't learnt control the ball or touch or dribble with the ball from a young age that is something you will never learn or get better at or be as good as your peers because I personally believe that is a load of rubbish if you want to do something you put your heart and soul into it you train train train and the skills and drills will come with it don't let people tell you that

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same problem is with me I'm 14 year old girl and just started playing few months agoI can run fast but can't even do one goal in a match and can't dribble well too I love football but the fact that I'm not good at it makes me ashamed if myself football is my passion but I haven't got the talent and I also get tired more quickly as compared to others like small boys of 7,8 years can play better than me and I can't even juggle a ball but I can't leave football but I'm not even good at it like I've tried a lot to improve myself but I don't see any improvements

ReputationRep:
    Honestly it's my favourite sport, I love football and would rather do it then weightlifting, but there's a problem, I'm so bad at it it's not even funny, i'm 5'11 and around about 92kg, I'm quite fast actually but other then that I am terrible at all aspects of it. I've been playing for aorund 6 years now and I still can't do more then 5 kicks up, I am awful on the ball, can't pass it or dribble past anyone I just look so unnatural on the ball, I'm basically the kid who always got picked last in football, what should I do? Should I just give up, I swear it must be my genetics that prevent me from playing properly
    Bro, I know how you feel. i'm absolutely gutted as well. one day I was good, the next, i'm shite. can't bring myself back to the light. RIP XX
    Send me ur love in the comments x

ReputationRep:
    It could be genetics. It's just the way you work, like hand eye coordination sort of thing but with legs lol. Never mind, try another sport perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    BRO

I know that feel man. Honestly my whole ****ing life I have tried to be good at football. 2years ago I have been trying my ass off but I still fail.

Also I know that feel of always being picked last.

Lets become powerlifters together its the sport for people who arent good in other sports.
    :lol: can't believe I used to post stuff like this.

I know its an old thread but OP should play in defence and master it. It's all about intercepting the ball, tackles and you can just clear it. (for casual football)

ReputationRep:
    AKA you're fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unit_5_Haroon)
    AKA you're fat
    he has heavy bones bless him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 1, 2018
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.