Why am I so bad at football?

Watch
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What other sports do you play out of interest. Wilf is right about there being an age advantage to learning football but it goes deeper than that. Many sports have similarities, often you'll see sportsmen say if they hadn't been in one sport they were good enough to make a go of being professional in another. That is a much deeper issue. If you can't do 5 kick ups that suggest your ability to track a ball in the air relative to yourself is pretty poor, just general coordination. Thats why you get sporty kids who are half decent at any sport they try, the basics carry over.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Snakebite)
Honestly it's my favourite sport, I love football and would rather do it then weightlifting, but there's a problem, I'm so bad at it it's not even funny, i'm 5'11 and around about 92kg, I'm quite fast actually but other then that I am terrible at all aspects of it. I've been playing for aorund 6 years now and I still can't do more then 5 kicks up, I am awful on the ball, can't pass it or dribble past anyone I just look so unnatural on the ball, I'm basically the kid who always got picked last in football, what should I do? Should I just give up, I swear it must be my genetics that prevent me from playing properly
BRO

I know that feel man. Honestly my whole ****ing life I have tried to be good at football. 2years ago I have been trying my ass off but I still fail.

Also I know that feel of always being picked last.

Lets become powerlifters together its the sport for people who arent good in other sports.
airn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Practice everyday. It's not hard trust me. Practice technique/ball control. You will eventually improve.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you can be a defender then Chelsea might be interested in you.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also confidence is important, maybe you are lacking it?
Aky786UK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
If you can't do 5 kick ups that suggest your ability to track a ball in the air relative to yourself is pretty poor, just general coordination.
Just summed up my footballing ability nicely! Always grated I couldn't do it and my brothers could around 20!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pompeychaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't listen to the comment about if you haven't learnt control the ball or touch or dribble with the ball from a young age that is something you will never learn or get better at or be as good as your peers because I personally believe that is a load of rubbish if you want to do something you put your heart and soul into it you train train train and the skills and drills will come with it don't let people tell you that
Sumaika
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exactly the same problem is with me I'm 14 year old girl and just started playing few months agoI can run fast but can't even do one goal in a match and can't dribble well too I love football but the fact that I'm not good at it makes me ashamed if myself football is my passion but I haven't got the talent and I also get tired more quickly as compared to others like small boys of 7,8 years can play better than me and I can't even juggle a ball but I can't leave football but I'm not even good at it like I've tried a lot to improve myself but I don't see any improvements
badfootballer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly it's my favourite sport, I love football and would rather do it then weightlifting, but there's a problem, I'm so bad at it it's not even funny, i'm 5'11 and around about 92kg, I'm quite fast actually but other then that I am terrible at all aspects of it. I've been playing for aorund 6 years now and I still can't do more then 5 kicks up, I am awful on the ball, can't pass it or dribble past anyone I just look so unnatural on the ball, I'm basically the kid who always got picked last in football, what should I do? Should I just give up, I swear it must be my genetics that prevent me from playing properly
Bro, I know how you feel. i'm absolutely gutted as well. one day I was good, the next, i'm shite. can't bring myself back to the light. RIP XX
Send me ur love in the comments x
Plus7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It could be genetics. It's just the way you work, like hand eye coordination sort of thing but with legs lol. Never mind, try another sport perhaps?
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
BRO

I know that feel man. Honestly my whole ****ing life I have tried to be good at football. 2years ago I have been trying my ass off but I still fail.

Also I know that feel of always being picked last.

Lets become powerlifters together its the sport for people who arent good in other sports.
:lol: can't believe I used to post stuff like this.

I know its an old thread but OP should play in defence and master it. It's all about intercepting the ball, tackles and you can just clear it. (for casual football)
Unit_5_Haroon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AKA you're fat
James7205
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Unit_5_Haroon)
AKA you're fat
he has heavy bones bless him
xxinz_hani17xx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Kick ups dont mean ****. That just means that you can follow a video tutorial titled "top ten best football tricks". Football is about control, tactics, eye coordination etc.

Do you know what position you like playing best in football?

Honestly, you just need to PRACTISE. I'm quite a good footballer due to the fact that I started off in Year 3. Starting off at a younger age means that certain things that you learn will stick with you, bit like muscle memory.

But, it's never too late if you put the effort in. Practise dribbling a football in and out of cones every day, if you have time. Pay attention on your feet; are you using the side of your foot to move the ball? Are you maintaining control by stomping the ball with your foot if you lose control? Doing this every day will help your control.

Good luck, and don't worry, it takes TIME.
Last edited by xxinz_hani17xx; 9 months ago
ededdeddie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Practice makes perfect
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.92%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.54%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.38%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
21.08%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (38)
10.27%
I haven't started researching yet (40)
10.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise