The Student Room Group

School Leavers Big 4

Hi

I am highly interested in a career in Finance. I am thinking of applying for the school leavers for the big 4. Can someone give me information about how hard it is to get in these programes with the academic requirements. I believe I have genuine passion as well as 6 weeks related work experience. How is the progress like and what are the cons and pros. I personally like the KPMG 360 so if anyone has experience of that programme it would be helpful. If you could also give me other programes for the Big 4 (Deloitte,PWC,KPMG and EY) or anywhere just as good that would also be appreciated. Finally School leavers or Elite Russell group uni?
Reply 1
On paper there easier to get onto than the graduate schemes due to less applications, although this shouldn't influence your decision.

Depending on what firm you join and the route they take it generally takes 4-5 years to qualify, your salary will increase as you pass your exams, and of course you will have more responsibility as you become more experienced.

If your certain you want to become an accountant, the school leaver programme is a better route than university. Qualified quicker, salary since day one and more experience.

If you want to ask any further questions drop me a pm.
(edited 3 years ago)
All I can suggest you is a very good website who provides complete finance education for free via online courses. You can complete them in less than a month & even get a proper certificate. Here's one. https://bluebookacademy.com/courses If you are willing to apply somewhere, I'm sure it's gonna help you out in interviews or if not, you can use as a part of your experience.
Reply 3
I am personally interested in KPMG Audit programme...They've got some pretty challenging requirements..ABB in A levels, Bs in English and Maths GCSEs.

The 360 programme, correct me if am wrong has a requirement of BBB. I personally dont wannna do that cos I wanna experience life in Uni too but yea its your choice.

I haven't been looking into the other 3 but I know they all offer Sponsored Degrees albeit they title it in fancy ways to make it sound like its something else... like 'Flying Start Programme' lol.
Hi, I am currently a school leaver in my third year at EY and I am more than happy to talk to you about the programmes that EY run as well as help with any applications should you wish to apply to join EY.

Drop me a personal message if you would like to and I can discuss this further with you, having been through the process I am familiar with the application process.
Hiya, I have just been reading this thread and believe I may have some information which may help you all or at least give you another option, apologies if not.Just thought I would write a quick post about my experience with the sponsored degree I have just completed.
It was with a company called CGI who are a massive company and they paid for my degree in full and also have a starting salary of £14k which increases every year (providing you don't fail of course). I received a first class degree in Business Management and I know they also now offer an IT degree as well if that suits you more.
I would definitely recommend completing a sponsored degree as you end up debt free, receive a nice salary and also gain valid work experience. Also I know they now offer a higher apprenticeship as well so that maybe something you want to look at to give yourself another option?

Any questions, feel free to ask. Just thought it would be useful giving you a quick snapshot of how I found the degree.
Thank you for that information you have provided Rebecca.

Here at CGI we not only offer the Sponsored Degree Programme which Rebecca has completed, but we also offer Apprenticeships, Industrial Placement and Graduate Opportunities and are actively recruiting. For more information please visit our profile on The Student Room (Link below):

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15597-CGI-Recruiter-Profile-School-Leavers

Or feel free to contact a member of our recruitment team at [email protected]

Follow us on Twitter: @CGI_UK_Students
Like us on Facebook: CGI UK Students
Whatsapp us: +447717356740
Visit us: www.cgi-group.co.uk/careers/school-and-college-leavers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending