The Student Room Group

AACC good enough for IR @ The LSE?

Dunno if it is worth applying with these AS grades (GCSEs are really average too) even though my predictions are fine; anyone know what they are looking for in terms of grades? Ty
Original post by pp997
Dunno if it is worth applying with these AS grades (GCSEs are really average too) even though my predictions are fine; anyone know what they are looking for in terms of grades? Ty

I'll be brutally honest and say you don't have the most competitive application, no. As I understand it they are looking for the best grades. But personal statement seems to hold a lot of worth at LSE too- I've seen people on here get rejected because of their PS.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
I'll be brutally honest and say you don't have the most competitive application, no. As I understand it they are looking for the best grades. But personal statement seems to hold a lot of worth at LSE too- I've seen people on here get rejected because of their PS.

Yeah I thought as much; thanks.
The rumour about LSE always used to be that they put a lot of store on GCSE results. Having said that, it depends on what your other applications are. It won't hurt to have one or two 'long shot' applications, provided the rest of your choices are considerably 'safer'. If you make the rest of the application as good as it can be, and you're OK with the fact that it's quite an unlikely possibility, then why not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending