Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Nah, they'll probably kick you out after year 3 with a BEng.
    Nice an honorary Beng, only way to get one. 10% drop out anyway after the first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Nice an honorary Beng, only way to get one. 10% drop out anyway after the first year.
    10% that's high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    10% that's high
    Yup...

ReputationRep:
    Yup...
    I thought this was IC?

ReputationRep:
    Well i've heard that they review all of the A-level Syllabse On the first 2 Weeks of a medicine Course !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FidoDiDo)
    Well i've heard that they review all of the A-level Syllabse On the first 2 Weeks of a medicine Course !!
    oh? i must have been too busy doing ~2 labs a week, a DR session & work for ~2 tutes to realise all we were doing was reviewing the A level syllabus for a quarter of my first term..

but wait a second..we didn't do anatomy or real histology at A level? or the complexity of Biochemistry we got thrown in with? or come to think of it, the detail of physiology?

although there was one nice lecture on an introduction to cell biology & phospholipid-bi-layer structure to inform the people who hadn't done Biology A level evything they needed to know from it..

perhaps it depends on the medical school..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I thought this was IC?
    Yup 10%, well they let me late onto the course so that's to be expected

ReputationRep:
    Yup 10%, well they let me late onto the course so that's to be expected
    BUt IC people are clever why the dropouts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    People who chose the wrong course, people who find the course too hard. Engineering courses are hard, the admissions guy made that his second point to tell me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Maybe they dropout because the course is crap and can't be motivated.

~Darkness~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)

~Darkness~
    I am slightly surprised by that (if this is the case) because the course is very popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)

~Darkness~
    Or we're all retards and can't keep up with the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Read the faq, but yes a grey gem means he has had a little bit too much neg rep, although one member could have done that, if it was red then he has truly miss behaved. The adored and repsected is just do with his post counts.
    I couldnt be bothered, hence why I asked on here; and pleaaase dont tell me what to do, I dont like it. If thats to do with post counts then home come so many different people have different title under theyre name with such a similar amount of posts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    can anyone who's doing spanish at uni tell me if it's a lot more difficult than a level?
    Hmm, without sounding rude. Did anyone else think dosent she understand the logic that the idea idea of Uni is an advancement from school qualifications, so 90% of the time it would be more difficult and how much would depend on the Uni ofcourse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    I couldnt be bothered, hence why I asked on here; and pleaaase dont tell me what to do, I dont like it. If thats to do with post counts then home come so many different people have different title under theyre name with such a similar amount of posts?
    The number of posts it takes to move to Exalted Member from Adored and Respected Member and so on is relatively few in the early stages... I can't remember the exact figures, but it's in the FAQ Alternatively, subscribers have the option of changing their byline to whatever they like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    can anyone who's doing spanish at uni tell me if it's a lot more difficult than a level?
    depends on which uni. my exams were so so much harder than a-level standard for some areas and of a smiliar standard in others. For example my grammar classes were a waste of time but the literature and history untis were quite frankly nasty. It all varies but overal i would definately say my course is a step up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Hmm, without sounding rude. Does anyone else think he realises that he's coming across as a lazy arrogant sod?
    Why, what makes me sound lazy exactly? It is bloody obvious that Uni is more difficult than A levels, and impossible to define on a general basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    Why, what makes me sound lazy exactly? It is bloody obvious that Uni is more difficult than A levels, and impossible to define on a general basis.
    perhaps i should have made myself a bit clearer. i said is spanish at uni a lot more difficult than at a level. obviously it's going to be a little bit more difficult, but some uni students taking a language say that there's very little or even no more new grammar to learn. that's all i wanted to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Your outright refusal to read tha FAQ even though it would answer your question makes you sound lazy.

I would've thought rading the FAQ would be easier than posting a question and waiting for replies etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    I would've thought rading the FAQ would be easier than posting a question and waiting for replies etc.
    There ya go! the post before this was my 400th, so it's only just turned to adored and respected member.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.