The Student Room Group

Eligibility for full student finance - mom works in UK

Hello,

I have already applied and got my tuition fee loan approved a while back (had to use the EU paper form to do it) and just now I learned that I can actually receive the remaining support (maintenance grant and loan) as according to this website: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Fees--finance/Student-support/Applying-in-England/Who-is-eligible/ , I meet all of what it says on CATEGORY 5. My mom has been working in the UK since the beginning of this year (2015) and before was living in with me in EU country and is also a EU national, like me.

So I went to apply online for the finance support using my customer reference number that I already had received from my previous application and it says: "There are currently no higher education applications available.".

Do I have to fill the paper version or do I have to phone you guys to fix the issue?
Hi,

Yes, you'd be able to apply as a child of a migrant worker but we'd need to assess your application before we could give you a definite answer. You'll need to send a PN1 form (www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms) with the following evidence:

Child/Step-Child of a Migrant Worker

Students Passport or National Identity Card

Parent/Step-Parents Passport or National Identity Card (Proof of Nationality)

If you are over 21 on the first day of the first academic year of your course you must provide evidence that you have a physical or financial dependency on your parent/step-parent

Marriage certificate of parent/step-parent (If student is Step-Child of Migrant Worker)

Evidence if you attended a UK State School

Evidence of parent/step-parents employment such as copy of contract of employment, last 3 months payslips, most recent P60 or most recent Self Assessed Tax return, last 3-6 months invoices with coinciding bank statements, evidence of Class 2 NIC contributions if Self Employed

If you have any further questions I'd recommend emailing [email protected].

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending