Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am i really so terrible for being new? You had a low post count once, and it isn't as if i text talk or anything, so go easy on us!

ReputationRep:
    You're not exactly a proper oldie yourself glitter.

ReputationRep:
    yeah the only reason some people are 'oldies' and have a high post count is cos they found the site before most other people. i don't think that gives them any grounds to look down on 'newbies'

ReputationRep:
    I found the site about a month before I actually joined. I just came across it once accidentally, then left. Then I got bored one day in April... And here I am! Although I do feel hurt at being called a newbie troll... It's such a degrading term!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    You're not exactly a proper oldie yourself glitter.
    hehe... i was thinking that as well

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lepoissonfou)
    yeah the only reason some people are 'oldies' and have a high post count is cos they found the site before most other people. i don't think that gives them any grounds to look down on 'newbies'
    I joined last July, so am probably an 'oldie', but I have hardly any posts compared to most people on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I joined last July, so am probably an 'oldie', but I have hardly any posts compared to most people on here.
    i was like that, but mine have suddenly gone up loads!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    where have all the old forumites gone??

They've all got lives...

(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    where have all the old forumites gone??

is it me or is it just full of newbie trolls now??
    i couldn't actually agree with you more here glitter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    It's the official name. The URL is:

http://www.uk-learning.net/f51.html
    *knowing look*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa911)
    i couldn't actually agree with you more here glitter!
    what is a newbie troll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lepoissonfou)
    No, it is also to do with their regulalry posting.
    Someone who joined a long time ago would still have to post a fair bit to get the sort of post count that some memebrs are on.
    I don't think it gives cause to look down on newbies at all though, and i would never take that sort of attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Drifting away...

Just boredom, I guess. Monotonous threads, lobotimised newbies, etc. Add up to a plethora of tedium. Its my 1st birthday in a couple of days, and after that, I think that my time here will be done. Why not go out on a high? Maybe I'll do one of those 'what I really think of everyone' lists...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Drifting away...

Just boredom, I guess. Monotonous threads, lobotimised newbies, etc. Add up to a plethora of tedium. Its my 1st birthday in a couple of days, and after that, I think that my time here will be done. Why not go out on a high? Maybe I'll do one of those 'what I really think of everyone' lists...
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It may be the server, i can barely do anything at all when its at its peak

ReputationRep:
    i don't often post any more.

just mod.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    i don't often post any more.

just mod.
    you are a good mod

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEX KITTEN)
    you are a good mod
    why thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    is that its official name?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really feel like an old member, probably because the April/May/June/July members got to know each other quite well and then after July there was a population explosion (not literally) and I've always felt as the first of this wave, rather than as an oldie, though I have been on here for a long time.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.