yay finally some1 that agrees with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandoug)
    yay finally some1 that agrees with me
    how do you start a new thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy88524)
    how do you start a new thread?
    On the subforum there is an icon at the top left (i think) saying psot new thread.

Anyway, can someone please confirm whether my answer for q. 6 is right.

This is the full question:

6) 3 dice, assumed to be fair, are rolled and the number of sixes is recorded. The set of 3 are rolled 250 times in total, with X, the number of sixes on each roll, written down.

Observed: x = 0, 125, x=1, 109, x=2, 13, x=3, 3.

a) Write down a suitable model for X (2)

b) Test whether your model is suitable for this data using a 1% significance level, stating your hypotheses clearly (11)

c) Say how your test would be affected if the dice were not assumed to be fair. (2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beauford)
    Anyway, can someone please confirm whether my answer for q. 6 is right.

This is the full question:

6) 3 dice, assumed to be fair, are rolled and the number of sixes is recorded. The set of 3 are rolled 250 times in total, with X, the number of sixes on each roll, written down.

Observed: x = 0, 125, x=1, 109, x=2, 13, x=3, 3.

a) Write down a suitable model for X (2)

b) Test whether your model is suitable for this data using a 1% significance level, stating your hypotheses clearly (11)

c) Say how your test would be affected if the dice were not assumed to be fair. (2)
    i didnt do it ur way so i have no ideA! yes it would be great if someone could confirm the answer!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.