Reflecting on the Human Condition Watch

just_lisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, just out of curiosity I've been thinking a lot about the human condition and what it means to be human. Some say that the human condition is defined by a persons characteristics, the events that we each experience and our out look of what we believe to be important in life. Therefore, I was wanting to know what people find really important in life, what makes you truly happy?
Swindle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by just_lisa)
Hi, just out of curiosity I've been thinking a lot about the human condition and what it means to be human. Some say that the human condition is defined by a persons characteristics, the events that we each experience and our out look of what we believe to be important in life. Therefore, I was wanting to know what people find really important in life, what makes you truly happy?
Security and knowledge.
ComputerMaths97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In this crazy world, some peace and quiet makes me really happy to be honest.

But accomplishing goals is a different type of "happy" that I really do enjoy xD
picklescamp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what makes me human? I seem to have a higher capacity for emotion and consciousness than other animals.
what makes me happy? still trying to figure that one out :holmes: but I would say maybe higher pleasures. Intellectual stimulation.
djj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
-knowledge
-friendship
-meaning attachments to things: love of my country and my football team (as daft as that sounds)
-Good health

there are of cause different types of happiness though. I do sometimes see happiness as a bit of a "trick" though.
djj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
interestingly enough though; it is very rare i get in to arguments with friends or family. I was going through a stage of depression / anxiety and had a argument with a relative.

It made me feel better is a weird way. I felt "normal" again, like a proper human. Almost made me feel happy.

It was a strange event but one i thing is sort of related to the thread.
Maybe happiness is experience life fully? highs and lows?
ImNotReallyMe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Happiness exists on a spectrum, and the most ultimate form of happiness is to just 'be'

it's also from inside, not from external circumstances, and is very stable

people get happiness confused with excitement, excitement is based on external circumstances, and is what results in highs and lows, happiness has nothing to do with those highs and lows
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (71)
28.51%
1 (40)
16.06%
2 (40)
16.06%
3 (35)
14.06%
4 (17)
6.83%
5 (20)
8.03%