University of Law london reviews

Watch this thread
Isabell2012
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Can I have a review on how the course 2 year law intensive went?
ORW
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Isabell2012)
Can I have a review on how the course 2 year law intensive went?
Do not even consider the University of Law as a place to study an LLB. It is relatively new course and ULaw are well regarded because of their GDL and LPC, not the LLB. Pretty much everyone who does the LPC or GDL there will have gone to a proper and good university for their undergad. If you have/will have good grades (AAB or above at A level) and good GCSEs, go for a Russell Group uni or Oxbridge if you are good enough. Law is an extremely competitive profession, and where you studied at university matters so so much. You need to go to Oxbridge or a Russell Group uni to have a realistic chance of going into the legal profession if that is what you aspire to ultimately do.

My friend studied a 2 year (accelerated) LLB at the University of Law despite having AAB at A level and despite getting a high 2;1, has no legal work experience, and is doing the LPC but has no training contract. If you can go to a RG uni or Oxbridge you would be a fool to pick ULaw for the LLB. ULaw does not offer a respected LLB, they are lenient on A level grades, I heard of someone getting CCD and being admitted... Law firms filter your grades and you need AAB or above to apply. Even if you have that going to ULaw will not get you anywhere because there will be many well qualified applicants from much better unis (Oxbridge and Russell Group)
Ethereal World
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ORW)
Do not even consider the University of Law as a place to study an LLB. It is relatively new course and ULaw are well regarded because of their GDL and LPC, not the LLB. Pretty much everyone who does the LPC or GDL there will have gone to a proper and good university for their undergad. If you have/will have good grades (AAB or above at A level) and good GCSEs, go for a Russell Group uni or Oxbridge if you are good enough. Law is an extremely competitive profession, and where you studied at university matters so so much. You need to go to Oxbridge or a Russell Group uni to have a realistic chance of going into the legal profession if that is what you aspire to ultimately do.

My friend studied a 2 year (accelerated) LLB at the University of Law despite having AAB at A level and despite getting a high 2;1, has no legal work experience, and is doing the LPC but has no training contract. If you can go to a RG uni or Oxbridge you would be a fool to pick ULaw for the LLB. ULaw does not offer a respected LLB, they are lenient on A level grades, I heard of someone getting CCD and being admitted... Law firms filter your grades and you need AAB or above to apply. Even if you have that going to ULaw will not get you anywhere because there will be many well qualified applicants from much better unis (Oxbridge and Russell Group)
Seconded. You're sometimes even better off doing a non law degree and converting. I did a science degree and had no legal work experience but got a training contract with a magic circle firm who are now going to pay me through the GDL and LPC.
totalnerd52
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
may I ask what science course you did and how you progressed into law?I'm studying physics and planning to do a conversion course with UoL or BPP. do you have any guidance on what or whom to go with? I know this is an old thread so hoping there Is some response hah
Va_nessa_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Why do a conversion course with UOL when you could just do the senior status or graduate entry LLB being that you will already have an undergrad?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads