The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
schuppy2812
I've just come out of my S1 exam (Edexcel). I think it went alright. I was just wondering if anyone will work out the answers to it or scan the paper in. If so, I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Cheers

hey wat did ppl get for the standard deviation for the normal distrubution, i got 40.7 summin like that
Reply 2
riks2004
hey wat did ppl get for the standard deviation for the normal distrubution, i got 40.7 summin like that

THink i got that too.
Reply 3
this paper was a fucking bitch ;(
Reply 4
For the standard deviation i got something like that too.
Seems so high - quite absurd, but i am sure that my calculations were right
Reply 5
yeh it was quite high, o well edexcel tryin to trick us :mad: but i didnt fall for it, neways wat did people get for the 1st question?
Reply 6
riks2004
yeh it was quite high, o well edexcel tryin to trick us :mad: but i didnt fall for it, neways wat did people get for the 1st question?

Drew a sample space and counted 21/36 = 7/12 I think it was...
Reply 7
o ok, so wat did u think of the paper overall, i 4t it was quite tricky compared to last years paper
Reply 8
capslock
Drew a sample space and counted 21/36 = 7/12 I think it was...

That's exactly what i did and got for an answer
Reply 9
riks2004
o ok, so wat did u think of the paper overall, i 4t it was quite tricky compared to last years paper

i agree. I made some silly mistakes in some of my calculations coz i didn't read the question properly, but once i noticed that i was wrong, i spotted all of my mistakes (or hopefully all of them at least!) :rolleyes: :confused: :wink:
Reply 10
u kno wen u drew the graph, did u start the axis from zero?
Reply 11
d'you mean the scatter diagram?
no i didn't, coz then there would have been a huge gap at the beginning and it would have been all squashed
Reply 12
kool thats wat i did
Reply 13
for the 1st one i got 1/3 since the only way to make 5 was with 2's and 3's, hope im sorta right :confused:

also started at 500 with that indent thing /\/ in the x axis, i thought about coding to start off with but it wasn't worth it for 4 marks so i left it out.
Reply 14
The graph - used broken scale

Normal distribution - 0.3% (0.003) anybody?

Discrete random variables a = 0.4 b=0.1, P(0<X<1.5) = P(1) = ?

Last ques c) P(C) = 0.625

1) 7/12

2) r = 0.87. a = around 230. b = 1.44

any comments?
Reply 15
did u get 0.8 summin for the PMCC
Reply 16
MBR50
The graph - used broken scale

Normal distribution - 0.3% (0.003) anybody?

Discrete random variables a = 0.4 b=0.1, P(0<X<1.5) = P(1) = ?

Last ques c) P(C) = 0.625

1) 7/12

2) r = 0.87. a = around 230. b = 1.44

any comments?

yep got all of them :biggrin: but i didnt know u had to express the normal distribution q as a percentage :eek: i got 0.003
Reply 17
no you didn't... but i did anyway!!!
Reply 18
How can the standard deviation be realli high if onli 20% of ppl stay in the place for 125minutes or more:s-smilie: i got 41 oddish for the standard deviation...i got 200sumtin first which cnt b rite...
Reply 19
what was the range for values of h

Latest