Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mensandan)
    Yeah that's exactly what I did, but it bothered me a bit, I thought you could go a little either end but with no other evidence I went with the range of h
    Maybe I should have gone for 160.5,h,193.5 as someone else said, oh well, c'est la vie.
    I reckon they will just let you have within a range to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBR50)
    I reckon they will just let you have within a range to be honest...
    what like everyone gets ir right as long as it between 160-200

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    For the stanard deviation i got 41 and 2/3rds
    Did anyone get that?

Regression line I got a = 316 and b = 1.44

For the normal question, I say yes it is reliable as she stayed for 120 minutes.

For the first question - I did this (2,3) and (3,2) and (3,3) - theyre the possible probabilities. 2 = 2/6 and 3= 3/6
    Is that right - I think the naswer was 7/12

For discrete RV's, I got a = 0.4 and b = 0.1
    Did anyone get that?
    It looks pretty promising to me. 7/12 was the answer to question one and for the rest, i think that i got pretty much the same answers as you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    41 and 2/3 for standard deviation.
    But 0.0465 for the Normal distribution for under 20 minutes? and 7/12 for question 1.
    I got the same for the standard deviation and i think i got the same for the normal distriubtion and the same for question 1, but i for p(C) i got 0.6.

Let's hope that we're right, at least on the one's that both of us got. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no one answered whether you're supposed to work out the mean for the attendance using 16 or 18
    there were 16 classes and 18 students

ReputationRep:
    i think this stats paper was pretty easy to be honest!! so much easier than M1 and P1 altho this was my second attempt at S1 cos i got a C in my first attempt, 3 marks of a B so really needed to improve since stats is my best area.

i got pretty much the same answers to most ppl on here! which is kool..
    what did everyone right for part C on the normal distribution question, about could they use this when the woman goes at 8.00 and the gym closes at 10?!?
    p.s. if you found this difficult, be grateful you didnt sit the january paper, it was sooo much harder....in this exam i was finished 30mins before the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quaylie)
    i think this stats paper was pretty easy to be honest!! so much easier than M1 and P1 altho this was my second attempt at S1 cos i got a C in my first attempt, 3 marks of a B so really needed to improve since stats is my best area.

i got pretty much the same answers to most ppl on here! which is kool..
    what did everyone right for part C on the normal distribution question, about could they use this when the woman goes at 8.00 and the gym closes at 10?!?
    p.s. if you found this difficult, be grateful you didnt sit the january paper, it was sooo much harder....in this exam i was finished 30mins before the end!

Are u on about the jan 04 stats paper?? I did that and got 93/100, i didnt think it was overlly hard although i didnt have enough time to do the last 5 mark question.

I thought stats was meant to be easiest but i sat the recent P1 and M1 exams and now think i did better in them! But i am doin S2 next year so i might retake S1 to do better in that

ReputationRep:
    1)7/12
    2)
    I didnt use a false origin so I dont know if ill lose marks for that,
    c=137+1.43h 0.89 something for pmcc but i lost the asiest mark by not interpreting it properly. Range 161<h<193 (min to max)
    3) a 0.4 b 0.1 rest was easy.
    4) mean was 16.9 SD was 1.17 i started my stem diagram wrong and did a new one joined to the scribbled parts of the old one so I dont know if i will lose marks for that? also I put my lael (2|1 means 21) above the diagram, do I lose marks if its not attached to the diagram?
    I think the 18 students group's IQR was 2 and the 20 student's was 3.
    5) SD I got 40.something and part c I put NO because one of the ND's main features is its asemtopic to the x axis and as the maximum is no longer infinity the distribution no longer applies.
    6)a) 0.2
    b) 0.6
    c) 0.625

Any ideas what the boundries will be?

ReputationRep:
    i put d range as 160-200. i really wasnt sure about it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessParadox)
    no one answered whether you're supposed to work out the mean for the attendance using 16 or 18

ReputationRep:
    i got 21/36 for the first question do u lose a mark for not rounding down to 7/12???? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D_I_P)
    i got 21/36 for the first question do u lose a mark for not rounding down to 7/12???? :confused:
    I would doubt it, but couldn't be sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessParadox)
    n=16, so you should have used 16.
    For the mean you should have added up the number of students present and then divide them by 16.

ReputationRep:
    hey schuppy
    nice to see u here

Alexey

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alexey,

Nice to see you here. Obviously you are checking out how you did in your exams?

Good Luck with P2 tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    good luck u too!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 20, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.