The Student Room Group

Feeling down over job search and been away from fiancée

I have been visiting my fiancée this past week, whom lives about 100-150 miles away (across the country). She works, and lives in a rented house here with her best friend, however, the plan was I was to move over sooner, although I haven't been able to find a job so I can move in and help with bills/rent. I'm leaving to go home today and feeling very emotional, it's a roller coaster.

Problem is, I have a job in my end of country but need a job in her area obviously. It's proving hard to cope without her, seeing her sporadically for a week here a week there (or will be the case). We've been together about two years, engaged, planned a future together- but there's been moments that she's told me she can't keep up the long distance as it'd make her miserable. I know it makes me miserable, and she told me it does her too.

I'm looking for work, but getting nowhere, applying online, through recruitment sites. Nada, zilch, nothing. She wants me it just move over and sign on with jobcentere, but I don't want to just walk out of a job, and I dunno what I'd be entitled too. Not enough to pay bills/rent. Her parents are pushing me to be here to support her, which I want to be, but are making out as though I'm been horrible. Make me feel less of a man; tell me: "she needs you here". Then there is my mother, she doesn't want me to leave and I know it, worse of it is, she is dead against me signing on.

I'm between a rock and hard place. Torn between moving out immediately and signing on, or going through weeks or months of torture to the detriment of my relationship. What do I do??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending