Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mistakes by the exam board on actual exam *questions* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    pyrowolf- you also wrote 'grammer' i believe it's 'grammAr' deary talk about irony
    Sprite wrote grammer and I he quoted him if you'd care to read carefully next time, deary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niksip)
    sprite, i am doing the cold war to detente module for unit 6 edexcel. haven't started revising yet! how's it going for you?
    i havent started yet either. :confused:
    getting really worried now

ReputationRep:
    OCR sent out a maths specimen paper with a huge error on it, they had actually resolved the vector wrongly in both the question and the answer, luckily it wasn't the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)

* Dreama pouts *

I don't know if anyone else noticed, or if it applies to anyone but I took Edexcel AS Modern History yesterday.

On the Italy: Fascism question there was a typo where they had not included one of the dates... Can't remember the exact wording but it was something like

"How did the economic problems from the First World War allow Fascism to gain strength in the years to 1922"

Uh, yea thanks Edexcel. You rock. :rolleyes: Luckily from the context I could deduce the answer they wanted was from *around* 1919-ish, but it isn't fair. You don't need that sort of hassle in the middle of an AS exam.

Does anyone know what happens when exam boards screw up?

Hope everyone survives exam season without a heart wrenching attack of "what the hell are they asking me?"

Kissies,
    Dreama xxxxxxx
    That is not a "screw up." It's actually correct. Why are the youth of today so ****ing illiterate? I cannot think of a SINGLE thing wrong with that question.

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey hey, I am going to defend Edexcel here.You think of HOW many papers they produce each exam session - so what if they get a few errors, there only human these proofreaders!! For gods sake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyrowolf)

"I do however hope".

Do stop making grammar mistakes.

ReputationRep:

It's "an historian" and it's a "grammatical error" not a "grammer error" you stupid goon.

Also you should learn to spell you dyslexic retard.

Just my humble opinion.

hahaha I was about to notify people of that but you had already done it in an admirable, albeit somewhat harsh, manner. Have to take rep for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whywhywhy)
    That is not a "screw up." It's actually correct. Why are the youth of today so ****ing illiterate? I cannot think of a SINGLE thing wrong with that question.
    Good job I got nearly 100% A for that module then isn't it, ******?

ReputationRep:
    On that D1 maths exam somebody mentioned. I did it as a practice paper. The numbers on the diagram in the question book didn't match the numbers in the answer book. And these things are really fiddly so trying to do the question was impossible. I managed to piece together an answer but the one I had made no sense in relation to the final part of the question. I think the exam board just awarded full marks for that one. In my school they had to go running around phoning up the board and it was just such a hassle. God knows how the kids managed to finish the paper in time (which is practically impossible as it is).

ReputationRep:
    There was mistake on the ocr french higher paper this year. The example was not clearly given. But somebody told me that the students would recieve full marks for the question as it was the boards mistake. is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deeksha)
    There was mistake on the ocr french higher paper this year. The example was not clearly given. But somebody told me that the students would recieve full marks for the question as it was the boards mistake. is this true?
    either that or they could just disregard the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)
    Good job I got nearly 100% A for that module then isn't it, ******?
    The point still remains the question was worded correctly and didn't have anything wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    You're a ****i*g moron.

It's "an historian" and it's a "grammatical error" not a "grammer error" you stupid goon.

Also you should learn to spell you dyslexic retard.

Do you comprehend the irony of you complaining about grammar when you can't write a coherent sentence yourself.

Just my humble opinion.
    I agree that it is an historian etc but as a dyslexic I'm quite angry that you not only use dyslexia as an insult but also equate it with retardation.

You could easily have said "You idiot, it's your grammer that is at fault. Learn how the English language works before criticising someone with more intelligence, experience and knowledge than your self. You pompous, ignorant, spawney eyed, toad faced wazzok of an excuse for a human being"

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.