The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've got an unconditional offer for Scots Law LLB at Dundee. My Higher results were AAABC (English, Modern Studies, French, Physics, Maths).

Good luck to everyone else who's applied.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by EXIDeer
Thanks hun!
I'm sure you'll hear something soon, especially with the deadline coming up!
I sent away my UCAS around I think the 15th of December (I'm not sure but it was around the time I got my first offer on the 18th) so it's been about a month since.
My grades at higher were ABBB(C) (English, Chemistry, Biology and Maths, respectively. I have another C for the old higher maths but I'm not sure if it counts since I resat with new higher). I also have a B at Advanced Higher Chemistry! :-)

Oh I really hope so ! :redface:
Ahh thats reassuring because you have similar grades to mine (I have AABBC)
So will Dundee be your firm or insurance or are you away somewhere else ?
Thanks to reply by the way, I appreciate it :smile:
Original post by Flk10
I've got an unconditional offer for Scots Law LLB at Dundee. My Higher results were AAABC (English, Modern Studies, French, Physics, Maths).

Oh thats equally fantastic ! Congratulations :smile:
Are you planning or firming ?
Reply 83
Original post by guzz6
Oh thats equally fantastic ! Congratulations :smile:
Are you planning or firming ?

Dundee is definitely one of my preferred choices. I've also got a conditional offer from Glasgow and I'm waiting on decisions from Edinburgh and Strathclyde. I'm going to wait until I have all my offers before making a decision.

If you don't mind me asking, where else have you applied and where would you like to go? :smile:
Original post by Flk10

Dundee is definitely one of my preferred choices. I've also got a conditional offer from Glasgow and I'm waiting on decisions from Edinburgh and Strathclyde. I'm going to wait until I have all my offers before making a decision.

If you don't mind me asking, where else have you applied and where would you like to go? :smile:

Thats really good indeed ! Is the Glasgow conditional fairly easily achievable ? But definately thats what I will be doing, looking over all the offers, visiting unis for the last time and then making my decision depending on where I feel most comfortable hahah

And I have applied to Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, RGU and Stirling.
Got an unconditional for RGU now which is good to hear as that means I have a safety net :biggrin:
But the ones which I am consdering the most are Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh with Stirling being another safety net choice, if that makes sense ?
Leaning more towards Aberdeen and Dundee though because of how competitive Edinburgh is this year and how selcetive they are meant to be being (only giving offer out to those with AAAA/A/C/B - which I am not part of haha)
Well done again on the offers so far though :wink:
Reply 85
Original post by guzz6
Thats really good indeed ! Is the Glasgow conditional fairly easily achievable ? But definately thats what I will be doing, looking over all the offers, visiting unis for the last time and then making my decision depending on where I feel most comfortable hahah

And I have applied to Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, RGU and Stirling.
Got an unconditional for RGU now which is good to hear as that means I have a safety net :biggrin:
But the ones which I am consdering the most are Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh with Stirling being another safety net choice, if that makes sense ?
Leaning more towards Aberdeen and Dundee though because of how competitive Edinburgh is this year and how selcetive they are meant to be being (only giving offer out to those with AAAA/A/C/B - which I am not part of haha)
Well done again on the offers so far though :wink:

Thanks haha :smile: Yeah, I was really pleased to get an offer from Glasgow given its great reputation and rankings. The condition is a B at Advanced Higher English and AA from Higher Politics, Business and Spanish. I think it should be fairly easily achievable as I am fairly confident in my subjects this year.

Well done with your unconditional- it's a great relief to know you have a place somewhere haha. I have visited Edinburgh a few times and really liked it. It is a great uni and I love the city, just a shame it's so competitive to get into haha.
Original post by Flk10
Thanks haha :smile: Yeah, I was really pleased to get an offer from Glasgow given its great reputation and rankings. The condition is a B at Advanced Higher English and AA from Higher Politics, Business and Spanish. I think it should be fairly easily achievable as I am fairly confident in my subjects this year.

Well done with your unconditional- it's a great relief to know you have a place somewhere haha. I have visited Edinburgh a few times and really liked it. It is a great uni and I love the city, just a shame it's so competitive to get into haha.

Aw thats not such a bad offer then - especially when you feel confident about your subjects :smile: - I am dreading Advanced Higher English hahah

Thank you and yeah its good to know I have a plcae if something doesnt workout hahah - touch wood on that one.
I really like the atmosphere in edinburgh - the traditional feeling of it is perfect for law i think. But glasgow is more fun I think in terms of the acrual city ? :biggrin:
Reply 87
Original post by Flk10

Congratulations on the offer! I hope everything goes well if you're waiting on any other offers, best of luck! :-)
Reply 88
Original post by guzz6
Oh I really hope so ! :redface:
Ahh thats reassuring because you have similar grades to mine (I have AABBC)
So will Dundee be your firm or insurance or are you away somewhere else ?
Thanks to reply by the way, I appreciate it :smile:

I'm sure you will! :tongue:
Ah, it's nice to see someone with familiar looking grades in the wondrous world of seeing applicants with five A's (no hate to them though, like more power to y'all, for real)
It's in my top three! I'm waiting to hear back from Aberdeen and Strathclyde before making any firm decisions because Aberdeen's my top choice for the actual university but I have my heart set on a dual qualifying course so I'm not too sure but for now, it remains my second verging on first choice! I had RGU as my insurance because it was the first offer I got and I enjoyed the open day and as of hearing from Dundee, I wouldn't mind if I didn't hear from Stirling haha.
No problem at all! :smile:
Original post by EXIDeer
I'm sure you will! :tongue:
Ah, it's nice to see someone with familiar looking grades in the wondrous world of seeing applicants with five A's (no hate to them though, like more power to y'all, for real)
It's in my top three! I'm waiting to hear back from Aberdeen and Strathclyde before making any firm decisions because Aberdeen's my top choice for the actual university but I have my heart set on a dual qualifying course so I'm not too sure but for now, it remains my second verging on first choice! I had RGU as my insurance because it was the first offer I got and I enjoyed the open day and as of hearing from Dundee, I wouldn't mind if I didn't hear from Stirling haha.
No problem at all! :smile:

Hahahaha yeah ! I dont know many people who have similar grades and applied for law - so honestly it is reassuring !
Well I may see you at 3 of the applicant days in that case :biggrin: I live in Aberdeen so studying here would be quite handy I guess but Ill wait and see what offer Ill get. Did you apply for straight law to aberdeen ? Because I chose the one that also qualifies you in english law - like Dundee ! :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by guzz6
Hahahaha yeah ! I dont know many people who have similar grades and applied for law - so honestly it is reassuring !
Well I may see you at 3 of the applicant days in that case :biggrin: I live in Aberdeen so studying here would be quite handy I guess but Ill wait and see what offer Ill get. Did you apply for straight law to aberdeen ? Because I chose the one that also qualifies you in english law - like Dundee ! :smile:

I'll probably see you there then! :biggrin:
I wanted to do Oil and Gas after graduating so I feel like Aberdeen would be best for me in that sense but I live a fair way away and Dundee, or Stirling, is probably my closest!
I applied for just Scots Law there but I don't plan on leaving Scotland anytime soon, it's just for a kind of back up thing in case of emergency but that's probably planning too far ahead haha. I did apply for dual at Strathcylde though!
Reply 91
Original post by EXIDeer
Congratulations on the offer! I hope everything goes well if you're waiting on any other offers, best of luck! :-)

Thank you so much :-)
Congratulations on your Dundee offer and good luck with the rest of your choices as well.
Original post by EXIDeer
I'll probably see you there then! :biggrin:
I wanted to do Oil and Gas after graduating so I feel like Aberdeen would be best for me in that sense but I live a fair way away and Dundee, or Stirling, is probably my closest!
I applied for just Scots Law there but I don't plan on leaving Scotland anytime soon, it's just for a kind of back up thing in case of emergency but that's probably planning too far ahead haha. I did apply for dual at Strathcylde though!

Definitely haha ! :smile:
And aw right well that is the industry that Aberdeen is most famous for, yet it also depends on how far away you want to be from home ...
I on the contrary want to work for an international law firm in the future, so having english law will be handy because it is closer to other european law systems than scots :biggrin: (at least thats what I got told during work experience).
Although, that all will depend on the offers and my future at uni as a whole haha 5 years before that will happen - if not more :colondollar:
Original post by guzz6

I know an Aberdeen girl with ABBBB (two of which were borderline A's) that has unconditionals to Dundee and RGU. She is waiting to hear from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Strathclyde. I think Dundee is her insurance choice. She wants to do study law and French, ideally with French Law. I think she must've had a terrific PS. Good luck with the other choices
Name: Holly
Course: Neuroscience
Scottish Highers: AAABD (English, History, Biology, Chemistry, Maths)

Plus I'm taking AH biology and chemistry, higher psychology and resitting higher maths.

I applied around the 15th December and haven't heard anything back yet :frown: but I did get an email regarding tuition fees a week or two ago, does that mean they're just getting round to considering my application?
Reply 95
Original post by Holllyberry
Name: Holly
Course: Neuroscience
Scottish Highers: AAABD (English, History, Biology, Chemistry, Maths)

Plus I'm taking AH biology and chemistry, higher psychology and resitting higher maths.

I applied around the 15th December and haven't heard anything back yet :frown: but I did get an email regarding tuition fees a week or two ago, does that mean they're just getting round to considering my application?

Hey,

When I applied last year I didn't get the email for tuition fees until after I received an offer. Fees must be sorted out and it seems like Dundee are doing that now.
Reply 96
@Carnationlilyrose are you able to sticky this thread and remove the 2015 applicants thread? :h:
Original post by Airmed
@Carnationlilyrose are you able to sticky this thread and remove the 2015 applicants thread? :h:

Sure am.
Reply 98
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Sure am.

You're a star. :smile:
Original post by Airmed
You're a star. :smile:

A snowflake.