The Student Room Group

King's college Cambridge IB requirements

On the Kings college website it says typical IB offers are 38-40 points with 766 at higher levels. Lots of people are saying that I must et 776 to get the interview. Is 42 points, 766 at higher level and solid personal statement ok?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sebit
On the Kings college website it says typical IB offers are 38-40 points with 766 at higher levels. Lots of people are saying that I must et 776 to get the interview. Is 42 points, 766 at higher level and solid personal statement ok?

For what subject and what are your 7,6,6, in?
Reply 2
I would be applying to HSPS. 7 in Geography, 6 in Business and English A Lit
Reply 3
Original post by Sebit
I would be applying to HSPS. 7 in Geography, 6 in Business and English A Lit

Achieved or predicted?

Anyway King's specifically says:

"International Baccalaureate
We standardly require grades 7, 6, 6 in the relevant Higher Level subjects plus an overall score of 38-40, including the Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay components. Please read the Information for IB students.
N.B.: The admissions websites for other Cambridge Colleges may specify higher IB offers. We can confirm that the information above is correct for all courses at King's."

http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entrance-requirements.html

So the interview should be yours... (although I'm not expert enough to know if Business is a good subject for HSPS)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Predicted. Thanks a lot.
One more question... Do you know if Cambridge, specifically King's, has any particular stance on taking Math Studies? It's the most basic Math subject in the IB. I wouldn't think it would impact my application for HSPS...
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
Achieved or predicted?

Anyway King's specifically says:

"International Baccalaureate
We standardly require grades 7, 6, 6 in the relevant Higher Level subjects plus an overall score of 38-40, including the Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay components. Please read the Information for IB students.
N.B.: The admissions websites for other Cambridge Colleges may specify higher IB offers. We can confirm that the information above is correct for all courses at King's."

http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entrance-requirements.html

So the interview should be yours... (although I'm not expert enough to know if Business is a good subject for HSPS)
Predicted. Thanks a lot. One more question... Do you know if Cambridge, specifically King's, has any particular stance on taking Math Studies? It's the most basic Math subject in the IB. I wouldn't think it would impact my application for HSPS...
Dammit. Should have initially applied to King's...
Reply 7
Original post by ILovePancakes
Dammit. Should have initially applied to King's...

Oops :frown:

I'm sure Magdalene will be lovely...
Original post by jneill
Oops :frown:

I'm sure Magdalene will be lovely...

Magdalene is beautiful (and on the Tab's 'Which Harry Potter character is your college?' page is Dumbledore..).

Much higher entry requirements tho :moon:

Dat 38-40 </3
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
no

I'm not being entirely serious..

They're most likely to give the higher end of the offer (40), which I obviously don't have.

At interview, you have to do a written exam, which I wouldn't like; I'd much rather discuss an article. That's why I wrote them off immediately (and is probably one of the reasons they give a lower offer).
Reply 10
Original post by ILovePancakes
I'm not being entirely serious..

They're most likely to give the higher end of the offer (40), which I obviously don't have.

At interview, you have to do a written exam, which I wouldn't like; I'd much rather discuss an article. That's why I wrote them off immediately (and is probably one of the reasons they give a lower offer).

Yea I only found out about the written exam earlier today.
Good luck with your application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending