Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that todays s3 paper was too difficult, but i messed up the last question, apparently i will lose 7-8 marks of the 16 at most though (one of the teachers is head marker), this is what i make for the 'big' questions:

2a. pmcc = not significant, spearmans = significant

3a. z = 2.023 > 1.6449 significant

4b. {73.0, 76.6}

5 sum thingy = 0.927 < 5.991

6. b sum thingy = 8.698 < 9.210

overall a fairly standard paper i think, a couple of questions were a bit difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I got the same or similar answers to you with the exception of 3a where I got z = -2.023 and the critical region -1.96/-1.6449 cant remeber same conclusino though!

I thought it was very easy and loved the last question becuase I was expecting a difficult difference of means one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)
    I got the same or similar answers to you with the exception of 3a where I got z = -2.023 and the critical region -1.96/-1.6449 cant remeber same conclusino though!

I thought it was very easy and loved the last question becuase I was expecting a difficult difference of means one!
    I dont think that matter cos you did mean1-mean2 and OP did mean2-mean1... i thought it was quite easy too but I fooked up the last question bad... what idiot does continuity correction for a normal distr??? well thats me i still think ill get an A in S3 though

ReputationRep:
    I am very happy, I dont think I will have to resit this one and I dont want to becuase stats is now over! No more!

ReputationRep:
    I found most of the paper ok but im a bit worried about question 6. I knew it should have been binomial but i got really confused and couldn't get it to work. So i tried using the discrete uniform by doin for eg. P(get one six) is 1/6 x 5/6 x 5/6 x 3. My expected frequencies added up to 250 so i thought that using this model would be reasonable, although obviously not exactly what they were after. Do u think i'll lose all the 15 marks or get some? I'm so pissed off bout it. I know that the mark schemes are quite specific so i think i may lose all the marks. Please tell me wot u think.

ReputationRep:

but there was a difference of means one, the one with the jars produced by machines a and b

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if I did 6 right. The 250 trials scared me so my model was a table with the probabilities in. I worked out the probabilities using the binomial thingy so it was sort of right

The difference of means did come up but i was glad it came up early becuase they are normally easier and worth fewer marks

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if I did 6 right. The 250 trials scared me so my model was a table with the probabilities in. I worked out the probabilities using the binomial thingy so it was sort of right

The difference of means did come up but i was glad it came up early becuase they are normally easier and worth fewer marks
    how hard can a difference of two means test be? itsbasically the same format each time, though i thought it was very starnge to assign such high marks for question 7 at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy88524)
    how hard can a difference of two means test be? itsbasically the same format each time, though i thought it was very starnge to assign such high marks for question 7 at the end.
    i noticed that about all of stats... the papers are more or less the same but theres just different numbers and different stories behind the tests...
    yeah... 9 marks and 7 marks seemed a bit excessive for such a short and easy question... why did i make that stupid mistake?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2004

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.