The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University Applicants 2016

Welcome to the Nottingham Trent Applicants' page [2016 entry!!!]

I just thought that it would be cool to set up an applicant page for all people who are planning to apply to NTU for 2016 entry to get to know eachother and see who they're up against really :mmm:!

Just fill out the form below and off you go! :woo: :

Name:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
Offer made/rejected:

Here's mine:

Name: Ally
Course: Software Engineering (with a year in industry)
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): Achieved AABB
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): Predicted ABB
Offer made/rejected: Offer made (03/11/15) - BBB.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Guys,

This is a great way to get chatting about the application process and help each other with any worries or concerns. I will be checking this page often, so if you do have any questions about the application process, please let me know!

I have created an 'Ask a University Rep' thread, so if you have any questions about NTU uni life, the campus, accommodation etc. please go over to that thread and say hello! I have linked it below:

Ask a University Rep

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Thanks,

Ellen
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Welcome to the Nottingham Trent Applicants' page [2016 entry!!!]

I just thought that it would be cool to set up an applicant page for all people who are planning to apply to NTU for 2016 entry to get to know eachother and see who they're up against really :mmm:!

Just fill out the form below and off you go! :woo: :

name:
Undergraduate/Postgraduate:
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted):
Offer made/rejected:

Here's mine:

Name: Ally
Course: Software Engineering (with a year in industry)
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer made/rejected: TBC

Name:
Course: BA Economics
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): meh
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): BBC
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ultracrepidarian
Name: Labib

Hey there!! Welcome to the thread :hello:

How is your personal statement going? Or have you already sent your application off? :h:

How come you're predicted ABB at A2 after achieving AAB in your top 3 subjects at AS?
Hey there!! Welcome to the thread :hello:

How is your personal statement going? Or have you already sent your application off? :h:

hello, its going alright i suppose hopefully have a draft into my tutor by next week or so, hows yours?
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
How come you're predicted ABB at A2 after achieving AAB in your top 3 subjects at AS?

Because I dropped the subject I got an A in and carried on with my two Bs :h:

Plus, my sixth form are really stingy with predicting you a grade above unless you're applying to Oxbridge.
hello, its going alright i suppose hopefully have a draft into my tutor by next week or so, hows yours?

Ooooh how is that going? I heard that subjects like Economics, Maths etc. are really difficult to write about :eek:

I forwarded my application to my referee, and hopefully they'll write my reference so that it can get sent off just before half term. :h:
Ooooh how is that going? I heard that subjects like Economics, Maths etc. are really difficult to write about :eek:

I forwarded my application to my referee, and hopefully they'll write my reference so that it can get sent off just before half term. :h:

i think its ok yeah its quite difficult but hopefully should be ok, oh ok cool where else are you applying?, will you be visiting the open day?
i think its ok yeah its quite difficult but hopefully should be ok, oh ok cool where else are you applying?, will you be visiting the open day?

Good luck with it! :hugs: I'll be applying to Cardiff, Swansea, Brighton and Brunel too. And you?
Good luck with it! :hugs: I'll be applying to Cardiff, Swansea, Brighton and Brunel too. And you?

i see you are planning on staying in the south, Coventry,Aberdeen,NTU,UWE, yeah good luck to you too
Name: Labib

Aaah the land of the geordies!! I'm from around the geordie land also! (Northumberland area) Whereabouts from Newcastle are you from?
Name: Niall
Course: BEng Civil Engineering
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): AABC
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): AAC
Original post by LucentDoughnut98
Name: Niall
Course: BEng Civil Engineering
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): AABC
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): AAC

Welcome on board Niall! :dance:
Welcome on board Niall! :dance:

Thanks! So what did you like about Nottingham Trent the most? And nice to meet a fellow engineer :smile:
Thanks! So what did you like about Nottingham Trent the most? And nice to meet a fellow engineer :smile:

They've got an amazing department for my course, and great connections with companies (by looking at the places students go after graduating and where they do their year in industry). Plus they do development as one of the topics which I'm REALLY excited about because I have an interest in it :yep: What was appealing to you?
They've got an amazing department for my course, and great connections with companies (by looking at the places students go after graduating and where they do their year in industry). Plus they do development as one of the topics which I'm REALLY excited about because I have an interest in it :yep: What was appealing to you?

The same for me, the employability rating is top! And the uni has a nice feel to it, i just got that buzz, you know what I mean?
The same for me, the employability rating is top! And the uni has a nice feel to it, i just got that buzz, you know what I mean?

I definitely do! :yep: what other universities are you thinking of applying/have already applied to?
I definitely do! :yep: what other universities are you thinking of applying/have already applied to?

The places I'm thinking of are Swansea, Loughborough, Surrey and UWE but haven't been to a few open days yet so might change :smile: What about you?
@Nottingham Trent University Hiya! :h: I just wanted to ask how long it would take before an acknowledgement email gets sent out (my application got sent to all my unis on the 21st Oct), or does NTU not send any acknowledgement emails at all until you've received an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest