The Student Room Group

Parents forced me into uni

My parents pushed me into medicine but I didn't want to do it. Anyone else have any experience of being pushed onto a course or into uni?
I'm fairly sure at age 18 you're old enough to stand up for yourself and not do something just because its what your parents want. Not such a huge ice decision anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol you should quit right now. THats your entire life signed away and you'l probs end up offing yourself from depression. You're stuck studying for over a decade.
Reply 3
Talk to your course advisor, I had a similar situation and believe me I'm so glad I fought back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't let your parents decide for you, do what YOU want to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sound like a lil bitch. YOU applied yourself
Reply 6
Unlucky fam, just remeber in a few years time you can wipe your tears with with the £50 notes from your 100k+ salary or watch the tears role down the leather seats of your sports car.
Original post by Zaclowton
My parents pushed me into medicine but I didn't want to do it. Anyone else have any experience of being pushed onto a course or into uni?

My parents tried to push me into medicine, so I sent off my UCAS form without telling them. They only found out when one of my acceptance letters for another subject got posted to the house, and by then it was too late.
Reply 8
If this was me I would still apply to the uni/course I want to and not tell them until I got my offer. Or the day before I move out/freshers week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending