The Student Room Group

URGENT: student finance approved but blocked

Hello,

I am a EU national and I have been living in the UK for more than three years. I applied for student finance in February 2014 and my application has been approved as a home student. When I applied I was still working on a full time basis and provided my payslips as an evidence to support my husband who has the status of an EU family member. My husband has been living in the country for five years and has been granted student finance as well. to receive the fund student finance asked me to provide the September payslip. However since I am in full time in the education I am not working anymore. As my situation has changed. Now our student finance wont be released until I provide that evidence that I am still working. I have already proved that I have been living in the country for more than three years and my husband as well .so why would they qualify me as a migrant worker and not give us the funds when we are fully entitled to it?
We have both enrolled in our course But are still waiting to receive the funds. We can afford to Continue this way! We were due to be paid on 7/09/2015. How can we solve this mess ?
Hi,

The best thing you can do is call us on 0300 100 0607. We'll need to have a close look at your account to find out the best way forward. If you've provided evidence to show you've been in the U.K for three years then I'm not sure why you're being treated as a migrant worker. Unfortunately, if you do have to continue as a migrant worker then you'll no longer be eligible for SFE finance if you've stopped working, although you could still get your tuition fees as an EU applicant.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending