Boo_Ayres13
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I didnt perform well in my gcse's ( for what I was aiming for and for a hopeful medicine applicant). I got 1 A* 10 A's and a B. I had to talk to my head of science about something (My chemistry teacher ****ed up my coursework hence the B) and he said that, a) I practically have no chance for medicine at my grades so i should probably consider not trying b) ill only ever get B;s as can be shown from my GCSE's if im lucky and that I my only faint hope of medicine is graduate entry and even then my grades wouldnt be ideally good enough.

I feel like ****… this was four weeks ago and I've felt like a failure ever since. I wasn't a very confident person before and now I feel like I'm a failure whose gonna spend the rest of their life not good enough for their dream. I know I have to get AAAA in as to consider applying, yet I just never feel good enough anymore… Now i feel that Im not good enough to get onto any degree course let alone medicine , i just i don't really know what I was looking for here but I needed to get it out.
16Characters....
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boo_Ayres13)
I didnt perform well in my gcse's ( for what I was aiming for and for a hopeful medicine applicant). I got 1 A* 10 A's and a B. I had to talk to my head of science about something (My chemistry teacher ****ed up my coursework hence the B) and he said that, a) I practically have no chance for medicine at my grades so i should probably consider not trying b) ill only ever get B;s as can be shown from my GCSE's if im lucky and that I my only faint hope of medicine is graduate entry and even then my grades wouldnt be ideally good enough.

I feel like ****… this was four weeks ago and I've felt like a failure ever since. I wasn't a very confident person before and now I feel like I'm a failure whose gonna spend the rest of their life not good enough for their dream. I know I have to get AAAA in as to consider applying, yet I just never feel good enough anymore… Now i feel that Im not good enough to get onto any degree course let alone medicine , i just i don't really know what I was looking for here but I needed to get it out.
Your teacher sounds like a d*** to be honest. GCSEs mean nothing. Plenty of people at my college went from As and GCSE to As at AS. If you are really dedicated to medicine and will be doing appropriate work experience, UKCAT/BMAT pre etc then continue! :-)

Edit: Sorry I started a numbered list and stopped at the first point!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads