Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    on the edexcel gcse intermediate maths paper (non-calc), i am worried about that box and whisker diagram, was it supposed 2 be wide or small as i am v.worried about this!!!

fanks!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    nothing u can do about it now, sorry dont worry, just revise thoroughly and try harder in the calculator paper coming up on tuesday. it will be ok, i survived maths GCSE with a B! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    i did revise a lot and i did quite good on it but there was some impossible questions, especially the last 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about a couple of questions there will inevitibly be some you cannot answer, its just the luck of the draw- the papers are designed so you can skip a couple of questions and still get good marks.

ReputationRep:
    i want a B myself!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Browny)
    i want a B myself!!!!!
    Assuming a B is 70% and the exam is marked out of 100, the average full length question (several parts) may hold 10 marks, probably less so you can drop at least full 3 questions and still get a B.

ReputationRep:
    a B is around 65-70% actually, also wen i counted the total marks for the last 2 questions, it only added up to 11 marks!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much about it: I've heard the Edexcel non-calc GCSE was a bit of a ******* this year so I'm sure the marks will be moderated up I know it's easy to say but best to put it right out of your mind now and focus on the others!

ReputationRep:
    its so much better if u take the higher paper, i remember last year for aqa it was 40% for an A

ReputationRep:
    You gonna worry about mistakes in exams, I did after I came out of M1, I thought I put something that I hadn't. You just have to forget about it and wait till the results.

And if its any consolation, last year when I did GCSE Higher, I skipped about 2 questions and got an a*. Don't worry.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.