The Student Room Group

Is she losing interest?

Basically I have been with my girlfriend for nearly two and a half years I'm in my second year and she is in her first! I moved away 40 mins, she had a gap year, and we made the relationship work the first year. Recently she moved to uni and is now around an hour away. Basically she has been there 2 and a half weeks and suddenly communication seems to be lacking, I feel like she is losing interest because unless I initiate the conversation she most likely won't text me or will leave it really late. She is doing a very heavy course but still finds time to do other things, I flagged up the whole mention of her not messaging me as much and she used the old 'I'm still settling in' excuse which I understand. I don't know what to do anymore, I constantly look at my phone and have become a nervous wreck.

I feel like she is being unreasonable and now I haven't text her for 2 days because I thought I would try taking a step back to let her initiate, but nothing! I know she is online as were in the same friend chat on Facebook! I just feel like she is treating me like crap and isn't being fair. What do I do? Is she cheating on me? Am I being paranoid?

Please note I went to see her last week and everything seemed fine as it was with us, but freshers is over now and it has gone back to little to no contact

Sorry for the long message, I had to get this off my chest.
Reply 1
Basically I have been with my girlfriend for nearly two and a half years I'm in my second year and she is in her first! I moved away 40 mins, she had a gap year, and we made the relationship work the first year. Recently she moved to uni about 2 and a half weeks an hour away and suddenly communication seems to be lacking, I feel like she is losing interest because unless I initiate the conversation she most likely won't text me or will leave it really late. She is doing a very heavy course but still finds time to do other things, I flagged up the whole mention of her not messaging me as much and she used the old 'I'm still settling in' excuse which I understand. I don't know what to do anymore, I constantly look at my phone and have become a nervous wreck.I feel like she is being unreasonable and now I haven't text her for 2 days because I thought I would try taking a step back to let her initiate, but nothing! I know she is online as were in the same friend chat on Facebook! I just feel like she is treating me like crap and isn't being fair. What do I do? Is she cheating on me? Am I being paranoid?Please note I went to see her last week and everything seemed fine as it was with us, but freshers is over now and it has gone back to little to no contactSorry for the long message, I had to get this off my chest.
All I will say, is that if I had a pound for every school relationship that broke up when one or both went to university, I would be a very rich person indeed. You could usually place bets on who would be single by Christmas. I may be wrong but the writing seems to be on the wall. Life is short, university life even shorter. Perhaps it is time to move on and enjoy the riches of university. You have the rest of your life to settle down and get married.

Good luck!
Long-distance relationship is hard. I haven't seen my gf for two month this summer, and we also were in a point, where we not only lacked communication, but actually had those awful phone-fights every evening and were close to breakup. But when we got back together (At that point we were so devastated, that it already felt like we were not a couple anymore), everything went back to normal in a few hours. And since than we haven't had a single serious fight.
Maybe it will work the same for you to. However, in any case don't be so nervous about it. Chill out and let her cope with her problems and you do the same with yours.
Reply 4
Your post suggest to me that she's probably met loads of new people (guys) and is enjoying this new experience of being a fresher at university. She says she's settling in, but hasn't even made an effort to give you a call for as little as five minutes or send you a message...
Reply 5
Original post by owwwww2
Your post suggest to me that she's probably met loads of new people (guys) and is enjoying this new experience of being a fresher at university. She says she's settling in, but hasn't even made an effort to give you a call for as little as five minutes or send you a message...

I have been the one sending pretty much all the messages
It's only been 2 weeks, give it more time, at the moment she probably is honestly settling in. But in the long run... University is a huge change for most people and only a rare few relationships survive it, so if she continues to be disinterested for more than a few weeks, it could be the start of the end im afraid 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could be she is just busy and maybe tired, give her a bit more time.
Thanks guys, but i can't help but worry! There's just no communication unless I initiate! I'm seeing her at weekend hopefully! Should I just give it a shot them to see how everything is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick update, we broke up a month ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubbertongue
Quick update, we broke up a month ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:
That sucks, if you haven't done so then I would cut all contact with her.
We haven't cut all contact, I'm over her now seeing someone else! But we are still Friends due to being in the same social circle back home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubbertongue
We haven't cut all contact, I'm over her now seeing someone else! But we are still Friends due to being in the same social circle back home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who ended it? What was her "reason"?
I ended it, we just drifted apart it was more of a companionship

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending