Barristers & SolicitorsWatch
Exam questions can be from training (describe, and issues with) , work and how it has changed, complaints process, and arguments for and against fusion, and may combine both Sol's and Bar's, and 2 of the areas mentioned
If you're studying the OCR English Legal System Specification, this topic is one of the most important to revise. It has almost always been on the exam and is actually one of the nicest topics on the specification.
These are the types of questions they may ask you:
• Describe the Education and Training of both Barristers and Solicitors
• Discuss the issues associated with the training of both Barristers and Solicitors
• Describe the way in which someone is able to make a complaint against Barristers and Solicitors
• Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the complaints procedure of both Barristers and Solicitors
• Describe the work and organisation of both Barristers and Solicitors
• Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Barristers and Solicitors being separate professions
With A Level law there are only a set number of questions they can ask you.
The best way to revise is to go to the OCR website and download the mark-schemes for all of the questions. They are very detailed and will tell you what you need to be writing about for the questions. Once you have downloaded them make mind maps on the marks schemes. Use the most recent ones as they will have up-to-date and more detailed info. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Thank you