Turn on thread page Beta

what cities are the best safe in UK? watch

ReputationRep:
    In Sheffields blurb of reasons to go to their University, they said that Sheffield is the safest city in the UK. They had some police stats which showed it as well.

- Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Rofl. You must be joking.
    lol yeah i am... i hate bradford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Bradford isn't that bad.
    u dont live here do u! its hell! it luks disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    u dont live here do u! its hell! it luks disgusting
    I liked the drawing you did of a street in bradford

ReputationRep:
    In Manchester the most racist areas tend to be the mainly white areas, where I live its 90% white, but the surounding areas are very mixed so there isn';t that much racism. Everybody gets on very well, I have asian and black neighbours and they are just as much part of the community as anybody else get involved just as much as anybody else.

I would find it boring living in an all white area as you don't get the same culture.

The crime statistics in Manchester are also miss leading as people say its a lot of crime for a city for the population of 450,000, however people miss of all the boroughs these statistics include such as Salford, Trafford, Stockport, Bury, Wigan, Rochdale, Tamside and Oldham which makes the population 2.5 million.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxdean)
    hi, anyone here do u think what cities or places are the best safe in this country? more growing violent criminal actitives tody have threated and are threating most students' benefits, so i guess some discuss here that which cities are the best safe and oppsite are the best violent may bring some useful views for everyone. :cool: :cool:
    Hulme in Manchester is the safest spot in the entire universe...

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is the safest city in the UK (at least that's what it says in their prospectus!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Sheffield is the safest city in the UK (at least that's what it says in their prospectus!)
    u stole my thunder thats what i was going to say! im not sure if they say its safest in whole of uk or just england though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    In Sheffields blurb of reasons to go to their University, they said that Sheffield is the safest city in the UK. They had some police stats which showed it as well.

- Adam
    Yeah, that affected my choice of university a bit.

ReputationRep:
    no where

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KandyKane)
    Yeah, that affected my choice of university a bit.
    Police stats a bit meaningless though because every police force use different methods of making their statistics. Although I am not saying Shefield is a rough city.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people have alreadynsaid this but i thought i'd just re-iterate. Sheffield is the safest city in the UK according to Home office statistics, and i would vouch for it having visited family there many many times. Tis a lovely city. I think it's the cleanest industrial city in Europe or soemthing like that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swallows)
    Lots of people have alreadynsaid this but i thought i'd just re-iterate. Sheffield is the safest city in the UK according to Home office statistics, and i would vouch for it having visited family there many many times. Tis a lovely city. I think it's the cleanest industrial city in Europe or soemthing like that too.
    Hey, that´s great to hear! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Police stats a bit meaningless though because every police force use different methods of making their statistics. Although I am not saying Shefield is a rough city.
    It´s good to hear native people´s opinions, because otherwise I´d just have to count on what the prospectuses say as I´m a foreigner.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, what about edinburgh city? it is said edin may be one of the most safest cities in UK.
    i dont really concern it.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Brixton is the only place in the UK Id wanna stay well away from :/

ReputationRep:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: most people think edin may be one of the most beautiful( or famous) european cities due to its green landscape and prosperous tourism industry,and millions of people visit there for vary pouposes each year. however lots of person from outside must be bringing considerable trouble for safeness and there's less police than other big cities owning eg. london, manchester,birmingham. now i show my doubt on someone to say " hi guy besides the pretty scenery and culture,ed is a very nice place in the nation much more due to the safest air ". :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I have no problems strolling round Norwich in the early hours of the mroning (I know its not a massive city) Never had any problems in Portsmouth or York either.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is the safest city in the UK with the lowest crime rates anywhere in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Rofl. You must be joking.
    i'd say bradford is safer than i supposed.
    last night i walked home alone at 2am along Great Horton road and nothing happend lol

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.