The Student Room Group

Does my idea of a fun & exciting weekend put off girls?

My idea of a fun and exciting weekend is different to most people ... it is watching Doctor Who and playing GTA V. Does that put off girls?

Scroll to see replies

Considering Doctor Who lasts less than an hour, do you spend the rest of the day playing GTA V?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah, I dont enjoy going clubbing so play on the PC. I volunteer every fortnight too.
To be honest those activities sound about as much fun as the popes sex life.
ye thats not exciting at all
Do you go outside at any point?
Reply 6
Original post by GodAtum
My idea of a fun and exciting weekend is different to most people ... it is watching Doctor Who and playing GTA V. Does that put off girls?

well it would probably put off a certain type of girl.
But if you're a Whovian and a gamer girl (like me) then this sounds like the perfect weekend xxx

so don't worry dude; you will find her x
Reply 7
This doesn't sound boring to me though I'm personally not into that particular TV show and game. I love having days in just playing games and watching stuff with my bf but just as long as its not every single day. As much as I love lazing about, it does get boring if it's all you do day in, day out. Its nice to do something outside together during the day and then maybe play games or watch stuff together at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds ****ing terrible to me
Reply 9
You sideman.
Reply 10
Drinking copious amounts of alcohol and pissing your money up against a wall is so much better!

/s
Original post by A5ko
Drinking copious amounts of alcohol and pissing your money up against a wall is so much better!

/s

My idea of fun :undefined:moon
Sounds perfect.
I really hate this prevailing orthodoxy perpetuated by vacuous morons that the only way to enjoy yourself is to go clubbing and get extremely drunk.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
I really hate this prevailing orthodoxy perpetuated by vacuous morons that the only way to enjoy yourself is to go clubbing and get extremely drunk.

You can drink without getting drunk. Like going for a few beers after work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to find yourself a gamer girl. :smile:
Original post by DiddyDec
You can drink without getting drunk. Like going for a few beers after work.

I know and I can totally understand drinking socially etc (and partake in this myself); that's not what my disdain was (/is) aimed toward.

There's a big difference between having a glass of cider with a friend after work/uni whilst having a chat and going 'clubbing' and getting mindlessly drunk.
Reply 17
I know and I can totally understand drinking socially etc (and partake in this myself); that's not what my disdain was (/is) aimed toward.

There's a big difference between having a glass of cider with a friend after work/uni whilst having a chat and going 'clubbing' and getting mindlessly drunk.

Exactly. At work we go to the pub on Friday for a short while. I enjoy staying indoors because I have a home cinema. If I had friends they could come around and watch stuff and I might cook.
Original post by GodAtum

To be honest that's my typical weekend and it's fun, but I also like to go out sometimes too. Depends on my mood. I wouldn't say that was particularly off-putting for myself, though.

Watch out, someone's took GCSE english

Quick Reply

Latest