Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey,

i have been made an offer to university college and im gonna do french german and russian. i wondered if anyone else out there is going to do languages at durham this year, and if so, which ones and which college? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeitgeist)
    hey,

i have been made an offer to university college and im gonna do french german and russian. i wondered if anyone else out there is going to do languages at durham this year, and if so, which ones and which college? :cool:
    Clint553 is doing French and Spanish, so you'll see each other in French lectures .....and Kate (Serendipity) and I are doing English lit., if you want to count that as a "language" (?)....+ I speak fluent German. (Don't expect me to post in German though *grin*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Clint553 is doing French and Spanish, so you'll see each other in French lectures .....and Kate (Serendipity) and I are doing English lit., if you want to count that as a "language" (?)....+ I speak fluent German. (Don't expect me to post in German though *grin*)
    cool! danke!
    id really like some decent info on castle as well, im getting worried now, cos i have reaad the accomodation is abysmal. i dont know on what standards this i judged but id really like to find out more!

danke schoen

ReputationRep:
    cool! danke!
    id really like some decent info on castle as well, im getting worried now, cos i have reaad the accomodation is abysmal. i dont know on what standards this i judged but id really like to find out more!

danke schön

Bitte bitte

I think it depends on whether you're lucky enough actually to live in the castle itself, or not.....but I'd say anything about "abysmal" accomodation is probably an exaggeration anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Bitte bitte

I think it depends on whether you're lucky enough actually to live in the castle itself, or not.....but I'd say anything about "abysmal" accomodation is probably an exaggeration anyway.
    vielleicht, oh yes, and a question ive been thinking about for a while, apparently there are 2 formal dinners a week t castle, now when and where do we get our robes?
    wooo! robes! expecto PATRONUUUUUUM! lol im so embarrased

ReputationRep:
    vielleicht, oh yes, and a question ive been thinking about for a while, apparently there are 2 formal dinners a week t castle, now when and where do we get our robes?
    wooo! robes! expecto PATRONUUUUUUM! lol im so embarrased
    Lol...yay, a fellow HP fan "wingardium leviosa!"

Shilling<----big dork :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ill be doing german and italian at grey college if i dont make my other offer, which right now seems very likely! but hey i'd love to go to durham, so i'm not too bothered.
    btw you must reeeally love your german coursebook Zeitgeist....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ill be doing german and italian at grey college if i dont make my other offer, which right now seems very likely! but hey i'd love to go to durham, so i'm not too bothered.
    btw you must reeeally love your german coursebok Zeitgeist....
    i love it like a mother loves an unborn child.

not as much as Shauplatz though, its the dead rat of the textbook world lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Shilling<----big dork :rolleyes:
    And the award for obvious statement of the year goes to Shilling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    btw you must reeeally love your german coursebook Zeitgeist....
    Is the coursebook called "Zeitgeist"?
    Lol...and I thought he was being all intellectual, and referring to Hegel's "the march of reason" malarkey :rolleyes: *hehehe*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    And the award for obvious statement of the year goes to Shilling
    Was für ein Schmeichler, nicht wahr? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Was für ein Schmeichler, nicht wahr? :rolleyes:
    ok, ok, you win. not fair that, using languages I don't understand - that's below the belt
    *sulks off in a huff*

ReputationRep:
    ok, ok, you win. not fair that, using languages I don't understand - that's below the belt
    *sulks off in a huff*

Ätschi, bätsch! Beleidigte Leberwurst!

(That's just about the most childish German insult I could think of )

Edit: Translates roughly to "Ner ner! Sulking sausage!" by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Ätschi, bätsch! Beleidigte Leberwurst!

(That's just about the most childish German insult I could think of )
    Like the German equivalent of smelly-head or poo-brain or something?

ReputationRep:
    Like the German equivalent of smelly-head or poo-brain or something?

Lol....see "edit"

ReputationRep:
    schauplatz? never actually heard of that one...no wonder its the dead rat...but next year we shall all hold the joyous Hammer Grammar close to unsere Herze, i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    schauplatz? never actually heard of that one...no wonder its the dead rat...but next year we shall all hold the joyous Hammer Grammar close to unsere Herze, i think
    My German book is called "Blick"....but we never actually used it. It's a joke.

ReputationRep:
    heehee sulkying sausage,, must remember that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hammer grammar? lol, cant wait :rolleyes:

PS Castle rocks

ReputationRep:
    thinking about it, i was wondering how many people got offers without interview and what their offers were, if you dont mind me asking!!!

mine was Castle - ABB - without interview

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.