Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenkennykenken)
    Not if I get there first! lol jk. Oh and I just realised how totally irrelevant all this is to the actual thread title :rolleyes:
    lol doesn't every thred eventually become random and irrelevent to the actual thred title

oh n im so prepared 2 race ya 4 da rooms so be ready 2 run, mind u fink ul b at da advantage coz il b carryin so much stuff it'l be fallin evrywhere lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel18)
    il b carryin so much stuff it'l be fallin evrywhere lol
    Speaking of things you're taking, what sort of things are you taking for the first day(apart from the obvious, eg. bed linen, toiletries, clothes etc.)?
    I'll be taking:
    - TV (sans licence)
    - Stereo & CDs
    - Playstation
    - PC
    - Loads of books
    - All my DVDs
    - Maybe some alcoholic beverages

P.S. Is anyone taking posters to put on your walls?
    P.P.S. Don't worry about contraceptives - every Uni gives out loads of condoms during Freshers' Week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thom18)
    Don't worry about contraceptives - every Uni gives out loads of condoms during Freshers' Week.
    Shameless plug here: The DSU advice centre has loads in a bowl in reception, and the colleges hand them out free as well. Trevelyan has them in envelopes stuck to the doors of the JCR Exec.

ReputationRep:
    lol well avnt really fort about no doubt il b da person whos brought all do stuff thats of no use n left everything important back home! but erm lets fink, well lets fink hmmmmm
    >clothes (obviously)
    >cds/music system fingy (forgot da word),
    >lotsa alcohol, gota collection started thought it wud help 2 make friends if they were all drunk ya see)
    >tv if i can b boverd sortin out a liscence but dont fink i will in da end
    >erm ohhhhh lotsa fings from my room generally u knw dat just sit around but look pretty lol
    >just general random stuff no doubt il be pullin stuff outa my bag that u wonder in awe as 2 why? how? n agen why? i av bought them n il probly b wondrin dat 2 but can't really fink wot else av 2 wait n c!!!

ReputationRep:
    >lotsa alcohol, gota collection started thought it wud help 2 make friends if they were all drunk ya see)
    When I first started uni, I brought with me 2 five litre kegs of beer, complete with taps on them. Picked them up cheap in Calais on the way back from Germany. I think they are on sale in the UK as well, try the larger supermarkets, and places like CostCo etc.

P.S They went down very well!

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh I'll be bringing posters! Or maybe I'll just buy some in Durham/Newcastle when I get get there. Also...stereo (I think thats the word you were looking for Angel18 )...CDs ...DVDs ...Laptop ...clothes... I don't think I'll bring a TV though, because of all the fuss with licenses, and also it would be too annoying to carry on my 4 hours train journey every time. Hmmm can't think of much else to bring! Just other bits and bobs I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenkennykenken)
    Yeahh I'll be bringing posters! Or maybe I'll just buy some in Durham/Newcastle when I get get there. Also...stereo (I think thats the word you were looking for Angel18 )...CDs ...DVDs ...Laptop ...clothes... I don't think I'll bring a TV though, because of all the fuss with licenses, and also it would be too annoying to carry on my 4 hours train journey every time. Hmmm can't think of much else to bring! Just other bits and bobs I guess
    I'm not bothering with a licence. I'll never be caught.

ReputationRep:
    thanks ken, gud job ur goin mildret as well u can help me work out wot words i want!!! hmmmmm well sounds like my lotsa alcohol = friends equation is gona work!!!! well if i dont i wont care il b trollied lol! n i was waitin 4 a laugh from u after sayin u'll never b caught sounded quite evil!!!

ReputationRep:
    il b trollied lol!
    Hahahaha! Trollied is such a good word for being pissed. Actually, on Sex and the City last night, the girl said "Yes, I'm pissed." I thought, "drunk?" but it meant "angry".
    Funny.

ReputationRep:
    lol ahhh well u c i like usin da gud words!!! n dont worry im never short of em, specially wen i am leathered!
    oh n thanx for da laugh feel alot better now u got it off ur chest lol

ReputationRep:
    lol ahhh well u c i like usin da gud words!!! n dont worry im never short of em, specially wen i am leathered!
    Yes it felt good to get that out in the open.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I can't understand a word you type. It's like a new language. Can you please try to use better English, for our benefit? I mean this not as a threat.

ReputationRep:
    sorry im used to having to write really long text messages so i have to try n cut down words!

oh and have you realised that we just having two conversations on different threads??? doesn't seem to be anyone else on tonight, well at the moment anyway

(was that any better?)

ReputationRep:
    sorry im used to having to write really long text messages so i have to try n cut down words!

oh and have you realised that we just having two conversations on different threads??? doesn't seem to be anyone else on tonight, well at the moment anyway

(was that any better?)
    Much better

ReputationRep:
    (was that any better?)
    Wow! I was expecting you to go ape-**** on me for asking that. Thank you, it's much better!

ReputationRep:
    ok, hmmmmm i bet you were wanting me to weren't ya!! no i dont mind people pointing out things as long as theres a point to it!!! plus i could see what you meant!

oh and evening shilling

ReputationRep:

oh and evening shilling
    Evening *doffs cap*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Evening *doffs cap*
    awww pretty cap! suits you!

ReputationRep:
    awww pretty cap! suits you!
    Why thank you darling *blows kiss*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ill be doing german and italian at grey college if i dont make my other offer, which right now seems very likely! but hey i'd love to go to durham, so i'm not too bothered.
    btw you must reeeally love your german coursebook Zeitgeist....
    I'm sure you'll make your offer! If not I'm doing German and I'm at Grey too so might see you there!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.