The Student Room Group

Looked at my girlfriends phone

I will explain the whole story...

My and my girlfriend have been together about a year and a half. At the start of the relationship she had a male friend who she had been friends with since kids but he was ridiculously controlling of her, and on nights out he would do stuff like shove his tongue down her throat and grind on her. Also if he was out and drunk and she wasnt out he would send her dick picks... Just generally being a complete idiot and its quite obvious that he is into her.

Obviously I made it quite clear to my girlfriend that I wasn't comfortable with this behaviour, she agreed not to see this guy so much and everything was fine for a while. She stopped hanging around with him and if they saw each other out and about they would have a quick chat and that was it, everything was fine.

Last month I was working away for a week and during this week she was completely off... We would normally talk on the phone everyday if I am working away but she wouldn't ring on some days and would sometimes not answer my calls straight away when I rang.

Anyway she left her phone lying around last night so I just looked at it and found out that during this time she was meeting this idiot for coffee. This really p*ssed me off not really because of the fact that she met up with him but because when we rang later that evening I asked her what she had been up to that day and she never mentioned this guy so she basically lied to me.

I know a few of you will criticise that I looked at her phone and say I should forget that I saw these texts but I'm honestly just so p*seed off I couldn't forget them if I tried. To the point I don't even want to look at her at the minute.

Scroll to see replies

You should talk to her and directly ask why she not tell you about that meetup. She can answer better than anyone here. I understand your feeling and think that she was wrong .
Treat her the exact same way that guy treated her.
You will have to tell her what you have seen, lack of trust aside she is being unfair
Reply 4
Disrespectful she is, kick her to the curb you must.
You definitely shouldn't just forget about those texts. The fact she has carried on seeing this guy, who is clearly acting inappropriately with her, considering she's in a relationship is just plain disrespectful. Call her out on it and don't let her bs her way out of it.
(edited 8 years ago)
It could simply be that she saw no gain from telling you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KWCFC

My and my girlfriend have been together about a year and a half. At the start of the relationship she had a male friend who she had been friends with since kids but he was ridiculously controlling of her, and on nights out he would do stuff like shove his tongue down her throat and grind on her. Also if he was out and drunk and she wasnt out he would send her dick picks... Just generally being a complete idiot and its quite obvious that he is into her.

Obviously I made it quite clear to my girlfriend that I wasn't comfortable with this behaviour, she agreed not to see this guy so much and everything was fine for a while. She stopped hanging around with him and if they saw each other out and about they would have a quick chat and that was it, everything was fine.

Last month I was working away for a week and during this week she was completely off... We would normally talk on the phone everyday if I am working away but she wouldn't ring on some days and would sometimes not answer my calls straight away when I rang.

Anyway she left her phone lying around last night so I just looked at it and found out that during this time she was meeting this idiot for coffee. This really p*ssed me off not really because of the fact that she met up with him but because when we rang later that evening I asked her what she had been up to that day and she never mentioned this guy so she basically lied to me.

I know a few of you will criticise that I looked at her phone and say I should forget that I saw these texts but I'm honestly just so p*seed off I couldn't forget them if I tried. To the point I don't even want to look at her at the minute.

You sound like the controlling one in this relationship, telling her who she can and can't see and going through her phone? If I was her I would be seeing those as red flags and ditching you
Lool, he sent her dick pics, he's into her and she's meeting him. Man better dump her before he becomes a reddit-esque sobstory
Original post by KWCFC

Do the softly-softly approach, this works well if you don't want it to end badly:Confess to her that you looked on her phone and saw the texts to him. Then ask what's going on and go from there :P
**** this bitch man end it
Original post by Rock Fan
You will have to tell her what you have seen, lack of trust aside she is being unfair
To be fair she doesn't sound all that trustworthy anyway.
Original post by somemightsay888
Lool, he sent her dick pics, he's into her and she's meeting him. Man better dump her before he becomes a reddit-esque sobstory

bruv they already lips. sounds to me like op is jst a side guy
Original post by KWCFC

simply ask her why she lying to you. nobody deserves to be in a relationship and lied to
Err forget everything else but how the hell can a girl be in a relationship but also let another guy touch her. That is messed up mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dump Dump Dump. Cinabit. Taa raaa
I suggest you dump her before it's too late, she hardly has loyal written all over her.
Dump her, there's nothing to think about here. Get rid of her.
What are you on about, the guy has a right to be concerned if his supposed to be GF doesn't answer her phone, or is acting peculiar.

Some guy was sending her D*** pics FFS, and swamping saliva with her, let alone the tongue.

Imagine if some girl was sending your man pictures of her bobbies you'd be concerned, exactly.

I know I'd be on tender hooks also, if some guy was sending my girl pics of his anatomy to drool over.
Okay firstly, she didn't lie... You have to actually ask a question for someone to lie to you, you didn't ask, so she didn't lie.

Now that's sorted... Definitely something going on there... Time for a chat..

ON the other hand, I don't agree with looking at someone's phone. The clue's in the name. It's THEIR phone... Just a personal opinion though, plus I'm naturally quite trusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending