Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think it did change the validity of the test because i said "The outlier means the underlying distribution is no longer bivariate normal - it is skewed" - and what i'd learnt to just accept is that hypothesis testing of pmcc should only be done on bivariate normal data. Of course, because i havent been bothered to actually understand what's going on, i may well be wrong. But i think that with these questions they may accept either way (It is still valid, or it is invalid), because in mark schemes i have seen, you get your mark for justifying your answer. If saying the distribution is no longer normal is a justification, then i hope i'd still get the mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibble...)
    so if i say got an okish D in the exam do you think i could get a C?
    It's possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    It's possible.
    WOOHOOOO!!!

ReputationRep:
    wait, you know how your supposed to do the two tailed test, then the critical value would be greater than...the r value, and so it would be ACCEPT Null Hypothesis, wouldn't it.....?:'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetymango)
    wait, you know how your supposed to do the two tailed test, then the critical value would be greater than...the r value, and so it would be ACCEPT Null Hypothesis, wouldn't it.....?:'(
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    yes
    Argh! so how many marks would be lost ...seen as i did the 1 tailed...u think?

ReputationRep:
    Attached is a copy of the wonderful paper we are all worrying so much about.
    -Stats 2 MEI
    Its a PDF file which has been compressed
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip Stats 2 UKL.zip (95.0 KB, 66 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manps)
    Attached is a copy of the wonderful paper we are all worrying so much about.
    -Stats 2 MEI
    Its a PDF file which has been compressed
    and where are the worked answers ? :P

ReputationRep:
    cant be bothered, sorry

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.