Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    grrr i meant to be up at 9, do some philosophy before going for a nurses appointment at 3 and then work at 4.30, i then planned to do more revision tonight cos the bf is at work so i'm staying in.

well that plan has gone out the window... i got out of bed at 12.30, by the time i got dressed, had breakfast etc. it was like now. i'm watching neighbours, then i'll watch doctors and then it will eb time to go for my nurses appointment, then i'll come home- have a cup of tea, and go to work. turns out the bf isn't in work so we'll go out tonight... grrr result=no revision

anyone else amazing at avoiding revision? how?

*lou's tip of the day*- put your CDs in alphabetical order, takes ages.

lou xxx

i walked past a mafia of girls and they asked me for my autograph cuz they thought i was tim henman ( that was yesterday ) today, chilled out i guess; its a friday!

ReputationRep:
    i wanted to finishing opening my bank account at hsbc but the silly mare said they only opened 5 accoutns a day (wtf?) so i had to come back tomorrow. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    im going to revise in 5 minutes till 7, and im going to listen to the: Batman, Back to the Future, Edward Scissorhands and The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack

ReputationRep:
    I planned to sleep. It hasn't happened yet. 23hrs and counting.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DazYa911)
    i walked past a mafia of girls and they asked me for my autograph cuz they thought i was tim henman ( that was yesterday ) today, chilled out i guess; its a friday!
    Did you plan that?

ReputationRep:
    When I was revising for finals last year the ice in the freezer was really bugging me so I had to defrost it. And of course I decided that using my hairdryer would be unsafe so I did it using bowls of hot water and sat chipping away at the ice with a small knife!!

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Did you plan that?
    plan what? no i was on my way to HMV

ReputationRep:
    I should be revising for economics as-level, as I have done nothing for it yet and the exam is on monday. I don't fancy work after a hard week of exams though, two days is plenty of time, lol.

ReputationRep:
    i planned to do 4 exam questions this morning.

i've done one.

but i DID make it up by doing a load of sociology revision instead.

this afternoon i'm going to continue with the sociology cos i'm getting quite into it today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    grrr i meant to be up at 9, do some philosophy before going for a nurses appointment at 3 and then work at 4.30, i then planned to do more revision tonight cos the bf is at work so i'm staying in.

well that plan has gone out the window... i got out of bed at 12.30, by the time i got dressed, had breakfast etc. it was like now. i'm watching neighbours, then i'll watch doctors and then it will eb time to go for my nurses appointment, then i'll come home- have a cup of tea, and go to work. turns out the bf isn't in work so we'll go out tonight... grrr result=no revision

anyone else amazing at avoiding revision? how?

*lou's tip of the day*- put your CDs in alphabetical order, takes ages.

lou xxx
    Ha, that sounds exactly like the sort of thing that happens to me
    I intended to get up at like 8.00 and do some revision... i woke up at 11.00 with a really bad heaedache, so now i can't even concentrate on revision cos my head hurts

ReputationRep:
    i planned to do about 4 hours german revision in the library, startin from 9, then come home, eat do another hour revision, and then go to a bbq so far ive done 3 hours revision lol- not solid either, mostly past paper practise/chat to friends/bit of translation/chat to friend, etc etc
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DazYa911)
    plan what? no i was on my way to HMV
    :confused:
    So why did you post it in a thread titled "What did you PLAN to do today?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I should be revising for economics as-level, as I have done nothing for it yet and the exam is on monday. I don't fancy work after a hard week of exams though, two days is plenty of time, lol.
    it's worrying but i don't actually remember doing any economics revision at all last year. i seem to remember thinking we'd done enough practice in lessons so it wasn't worth it and it was the day after philosophy and maths so i just ignored it... my work ethic really is quite bad.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I so know what you mean Lou
    I planned to get up at 9, revise through the whole day, have lunch with my bf, and then stay in this evening and revise even more because he's at work.
    I didn't plan on having tonsillitis though So I got up at 9.15, then lay on the sofa watching Trisha and feeling ill. Then I phoned my bf because I was bored, so he came round and gave me a hug. He left for work at 12, so I glanced over some English revision for a bit. Then my dog started whining so I took him for a walk. And now I'm on UKL. Plus my dad has invited me over to his tonight so that he can look after me since I'm not well and my mum's away, so if I go that'll mean lots of food and TV and no revision.
    Grr!

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    So why did you post it in a thread titled "What did you PLAN to do today?"
    because i can

ReputationRep:
    I helped my brother wash our car

ReputationRep:
    I planned to have packed my room up by now and have organised everything so that when my dad gets here later with some boxes everything can go straight in the boxes and in the car. I did get up at 9am as planned, and packed all my kitchen stuff up, however as for the organisation bit; I don't think emptying everything out so the room looks like a bomb's hit hit is really counts as organisation :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    I planned to be up at 8, in the library by 9, learn two sections of latin poetry and four pages of latin vocab by 1, then have lunch while reading a section of my law revision summary. And be onto the third latin poetry section about fifteen minutes ago, to be finished by 4, then gym and drink with best friend.

I woke up at 9, got to library at 10, managed one section of poetry and 2 pages of vocab, only got through 1/4 of the law summary, and |I really can't bring myself to do any more.

This is possibly the most productive day i've had so far, and i haven't even managed half of what i planned to do! Study leave sucks. I know i'd get so much more done if I still had lessons. ahh well.

ReputationRep:
    i've had a busy every evening this week after work ... monday - croquet coaching, tuesday - saw a 20-20 cricket match, wednesday - rehearsal for concert on thurs, thur = croquet match + concert, dressed up in DJs etc so looked quite swish :cool: and today i've just come back from a 2 hr driving lesson (test is 3 weeks today), followed by work until 9pm. then tomorrow i'm off to dorset for the entire week.
    it's been hectic! tho i've foudn recently that i actually prefer to be swept off my feet with activities rather than just having a lazy snooze everyday.

but i'm gutted i'm not at home watching the test cricket on C4 atm

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.