The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants for 2016

Hi, fell free to post using the template below if you're applying to Southampton, and discuss with potential course mates. :smile:

AS/A2 subjects:
AS/A2 grades:
Course applying for:

Also mention why you chose Southampton.

I really like how the university campus looks, well from pictures and videos, don't have the opportunity to visit there myself.

Me:

Where from: Botswana
AS/A2 subjects: Computing, Chemistry, Maths, Physics (Dropped Chem at A2)
AS/A2 grades: AAAB (AS), (Writing Oct/Nov A2 exams)
Course applying for: Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Scroll to see replies

Hi there :h:

I've already sent my application :smile: I am done with school and currently on a gap year. I chose Southampton because the place seems to be nice, the course looks interesting and the entry requirements for my country were really low. :h:

Where from: Lithuania
AS/A2 subjects: we have A and B levels here... so for A levels I had Maths, Computing, Lithuanian and Physics (dropped Physics later)
AS/A2 grades: my grades probably won't say much :biggrin:
Course applying for: Computer Science
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Where from: Southampton
AS/A2 subjects: English, History, Sociology / (Access to HE) Biology,Chemistry,Psychology. Healthcare Practice
AS/A2 grades: AAA/ DDDD
Course applying for: Nursing:smile:

Loved the facilities and such an amazing uni!
(edited 8 years ago)
Where from: London
AS/A2 Subjects: AS Sociology, AS History, AS Creative Writing, AS/A2 Spanish
Course applying for: Criminology and Psychology

Tbh the modules are amazing for what I want to study, it is not too far off that it'll take me three years to get back home for a weekend, and I liked the uni on the open day.
(edited 8 years ago)
A2's : Maths, Further Maths, Physics AS's : Chemistry and Music
Course : Maths and physics
Reason : Great campus, nice town, good pubs
Hi I'm Charlotte from Luton, I got BBBB as AS level in Music, Music Technology, Drama & Theatre studies and French and am predicted ABB for my A2 grades (dropped French). I am applying for music courses and like the course that Southampton offers. I know they do a standard 3 year music degree but also a 4 year course with a year abroad - does anyone know if this year abroad counts towards your final mark or is more like a gap year (ie. doesn't contribute to the final grade)? Thanks
Where from: Northern Ireland
AS/A2 subjects: AS biology, chemistry, maths and French; and currently doing biology, chemistry and French at A2.
AS/A2 grades: BBCC at AS, biology, French, chemistry and maths respectively. ABB prediction.
Course applying for: BN (Hons) Dual Adult and Child Nursing

Also mention why you chose Southampton: Many reasons - first and foremost the dual registration Nursing course is one of the only ones of it's kind in the UK and I absolutely love the idea of having such a comprehensive knowledge of nursing in two different branches. Southampton also offers the Erasmus scheme for Nursing students and as a French speaker that massively appeals to me also. The university is prestigious but also wonderfully welcoming and the campus is lovely.
Reply 7
Hi, i'm 18 and live near manchester, the university is too far for me to come down for an open day but was wondering if anyone could tell me what the campus is like? Is it very modern etc. also the surrounding area like shops and the accomodation? I'm applying to study for Computer science if anyone knows what those facilities are like.
Thanks.
Original post by Zac Riley
Hi, i'm 18 and live near manchester, the university is too far for me to come down for an open day but was wondering if anyone could tell me what the campus is like? Is it very modern etc. also the surrounding area like shops and the accomodation? I'm applying to study for Computer science if anyone knows what those facilities are like.
Thanks.

Hi :smile: if it helps, they've sent me a link to watch their virtual open day: http://virtualopenday.southampton.ac.uk/
Reply 9
Original post by McRite
Hi, fell free to post using the template below if you're applying to Southampton, and discuss with potential course mates. :smile:

AS/A2 subjects:
AS/A2 grades:
Course applying for:

Also mention why you chose Southampton.

I really like how the university campus looks, well from pictures and videos, don't have the opportunity to visit there myself.

Me:

Where from: Botswana
AS/A2 subjects: Computing, Chemistry, Maths, Physics (Dropped Chem at A2)
AS/A2 grades: AAAB (AS), (Writing Oct/Nov A2 exams)
Course applying for: Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Hey!

I also applied for EEE
I'm 17, from Bulgaria. I'm taking Physics and Mathematics.
To which other unis did you apply?
AS/A2 subjects: Philosophy & Ethics, Maths, History, English Lit (dropped)
AS/A2 grades: AAAB, Predicted A*AA
Course applying for: Law
Campus is pretty, good law faculty
Reply 11
AS/A2 subjects: AS/A2 Maths, AS/A2 Philosophy, AS/A2 Chemistry, AS History
AS/A2 grades: AS: ABBD, hoping for AAB for A2
Course applying for: Chemistry
Southampton seems like a nice uni, good modules, well ranked, nice mix between a campus feel and isn't too rural
Reply 12
Original post by suny97
Hey!

I also applied for EEE
I'm 17, from Bulgaria. I'm taking Physics and Mathematics.
To which other unis did you apply?

Hey, cool.

I've applied to Manchester, UCL, Bristol, and Glasgow.

You?
JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent my UCAS off on the 7th of October and I've just got an AAA offer today!
This was my application:

Where from: South London
AS subjects:h:istory, Philosophy, Politics, Biology
AS grades:AAAA
Course applying for:Law
:smile:

AS/A2 subjects: BBBd/ predicted:AAA

Course applying for: medicine with foundation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 17 and applying for Electronic Engineering with Maths, Further Maths and Physics (Predicted A*AA* respectively). Has anyone else been invited to an ECS Open day in November?
Original post by Sajabajax
JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent my UCAS off on the 7th of October and I've just got an AAA offer today!
This was my application:

Where from: South London
AS subjects:h:istory, Philosophy, Politics, Biology
AS grades:AAAA
Course applying for:Law
:smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!! I kind of wanted to do Law but I'm going for a less ?? dry ?? course. Well, not dry, but I'm not quite ready for it yet. Anyways, that's great!!

If anyone has offers so early then good on you tbh. I'm just putting off my own application.
Where from: Kent
AS subjects: Chemistry, Applied Science BTEC, Photography and took History a year early
A2 subjects: Chemistry, Applied Science BTEC year 2, Photography. Finished History with a B
AS grades: D* (distinction star, equivalent to A*) BC
Course applying for: Chemistry
Nice university, like the campus and seems like an intellectually stimulating uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where from: Berkshire
AS/A2 subjects: Chem, Bio, Psych (and Maths at AS)
AS grades: AAAB
A2 predicted grades: A*AA
Course applying for: Biomedical Science

Loved the uni, was really modern and provided great modules for my course

Anyone else applying for Biomed at Southampton?
Reply 19
Original post by redhead97
Where from: Berkshire
AS/A2 subjects: Chem, Bio, Psych (and Maths at AS)
AS grades: AAAB
A2 predicted grades: A*AA
Course applying for: Biomedical Science

Loved the uni, was really modern and provided great modules for my course

Anyone else applying for Biomed at Southampton?

Yeah. I applied for medicine, but biomed at Southampton is my backup. Do you know if they accept medicine personal statements?

Quick Reply

Latest