Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    unconditional offer- what does it mean i got one from reading and greenwich to study for 3rd yr in com pscience and my results from my current college is not even out. does it mean they dont need my results. for 3rd yr thats final yr.

ReputationRep:
    It means you can go to those universities IF your results are good enough, when they're issued. IF they're not good enough, you won't be able to take up your place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    It means you can go to those universities IF your results are good enough, when they're issued. IF they're not good enough, you won't be able to take up your place.
    he says he has an unconditional- that means you have already met all the requirements for the course so he is guarenteed a place regradless of results.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guyfromneptune)
    unconditional offer- what does it mean i got one from reading and greenwich to study for 3rd yr in com pscience and my results from my current college is not even out. does it mean they dont need my results. for 3rd yr thats final yr.
    It means you have a place without it relying on results. So you can chose either of them and you're guaranteed your place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    he says he has an unconditional- that means you have already met all the requirements for the course so he is guarenteed a place regradless of results.
    Whoops - misread it. Sorry to the original poster.

ReputationRep:
    That means you have been accepted! Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    i got one and still dont know what it means. my results arnt out same as you and i got a uncon offer i dont get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cell)
    i got one and still dont know what it means. my results arnt out same as you and i got a uncon offer i dont get it.
    ok- CONDITIONAL offer means that you must achieve certain CONDITIONS in order to have a place....eg. you must achieve certain grades in certain subjects. (So...you have a place as long as you get ABB at A level with the grade A in maths, or something like that)...

UNCONDITIONAL offer means that there are not CONDITIONS attached to your offer- they are offering you a place and it doesn't matter what your results are, you still have that place.... they want you to go there and so they don't mind how you do.

UNCONDTITIONAL offers are better in some ways as they take the pressure off- but bad if you need pressure in order to do well!!

Congratualtions for getting and UNCONDITIONAL offer- that's really great!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.