This discussion is closed.
50shades_ofamy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Are relationships always about sex, like are there any guys that aren't all about sex?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, yes.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sex is just a part of a relationship. Not every guy/person is all about sex and that's what relationships shouldn't be about anyway. There's more to it than just that
Ryanx623
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
NO they aren't, Sex is a bi-product, not a requirement. Generally a decent amount of guys will be "in it" for the relationship itself, not the sex.... That being said, we aren't too pleased being entirely denied it either, after all it's a pretty damn awesome activity... As long as it's still on the table it's not a main objective...
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sex is an incredibly important aspect of a relationship. A bad sex life can negatively affect the wider relationship. So while it's not the be all, end all, most guys will at some point want to do it.... a fair amount :P
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A relationship without sex is just a friendship. Whilst a relationship certainly wouldn't be 100% about sex for me, if there wasn't regular sex I wouldn't hang around.
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
Relationships aren't about sex for everyone, OP, but I think a lot of people will struggle without it. Do you not have a sex drive, or?

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
A relationship without sex is just a friendship. Whilst a relationship certainly wouldn't be 100% about sex for me, if there wasn't regular sex I wouldn't hang around.
Lol, charming.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 50shades_ofamy)
Are relationships always about sex, like are there any guys that aren't all about sex?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No
I am a guy who isnt all about sex
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Relationships usually include sex, but aren't all about it - how much different things matter varies to different people. Many guys aren't all about sex, but most will want some in a relationship at some stage as will most girl - a minority however are asexual and may not want it at all.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
my relationship isn't all about sex
Just being with each other is enough - yeah at some point we will but our relationship isn't built on whether we have sex right now although some people love it
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What Reue said tbh.
Illiberal Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
A relationship without sex is just a friendship.
Can an asexual couple never progress beyond being friends, then?
DanB1991
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
While it's not all about sex.....

I want someone who I can go out and about with and have a cracking time plus someone I can just chill with.... who also ****s like an absolute psycho!!! not too much to ask for is it? :laugh:
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I suspect you're conflating 'necessary' with 'sufficient'.
ZuluK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hun, you just got to find the right guy who will want you as a person to talk to and spend time with as well as want you for sex. a relationship has both things in it. one without the other is not the best thing tbh.
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
Relationships aren't about sex for everyone, OP, but I think a lot of people will struggle without it. Do you not have a sex drive, or?

Lol, charming.
Wouldn't be fair on either of us, I don't do cheating so rather than going and getting it elsewhere behind her back it'd be the right thing to just end the relationship.
Lucy-Harris
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well i guess sex is the pleasurable part of a relationship. Of course man and woman love the feeling of sex but obviously you are only doing it frequently. sex is just there to spice up a relationship, otherwise it would be completely dead. But of course your partner should love you for you and not use you for sex, and if they are using you... then drop that mother****ers arse on the floor.
Illiberal Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lucy-Harris)
Well i guess sex is the pleasurable part of a relationship. Of course man and woman love the feeling of sex but obviously you are only doing it frequently. sex is just there to spice up a relationship, otherwise it would be completely dead.
If your relationship would be "dead" without sex then I don't think that it was much of a relationship to begin with...
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 50shades_ofamy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, they aren't, and yes, there are.

Granted, sex is very fun, but there are a lot of other things I like to do with my fiancee. Go for a walk, play on the park, listen to music, perform music, watch films... at the end of the day, sex is only a very small component of mine and her relationship.
Still Sweet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with Reue.

(Original post by DanB1991)
While it's not all about sex.....

I want someone who I can go out and about with and have a cracking time plus someone I can just chill with.... who would also ****s like an absolute psycho!!! not too much to ask for is it? :laugh:
What?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed