The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Offered halls finally.....

Just been offered a place In Redbourn flat 11, anyone on here in that flat in particular already...
Well, I've got some good news and bad news really. The good news is I've been offered an accommodation in de havilland campus which was my first choice.
The bad news is, they sent me this email literally at 2:30pm and gave me till 5pm on the same day to accept the offer and do all the payment plans and all that. Take note I was in a 2 hour lecture that ends in 4 and my phone was dying so I had to deal with all this once I've gone back to the hotel which means I will quite literally have 30 minutes to sort everything out which includes calling my parents to confirm to them the email that I got. I've called the student centre twice, to ask for guidance. The first one was quite nice and she was able to move my moving date which supposed to have been tomorrow to Saturday. The second call was ridiculous though. The reason I called again was because I'm still having problems accepting the offer for my accommodation (mainly the payment plan) and the time is way past 5:00. I told her the problem I got and she made it seem like I don't know what I'm saying. Take note, she implied herself that she wasn't part of the residential allocation team as they all have gone home. All I wanted to ask was whether they can extend the deadline for tomorrow because I can deal with everything on my own if they actually gave me enough time. But No. She asked me to follow what it says exactly in the email which she had no knowledge of at all cuz you can tell by the way she's speaking. Now, I've not accepted the offer properly yet and I'm thinking of physically visiting the student centre tomorrow assumming they accept my partially done reply to their accommodation offer.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cheesychocolate
Well, I've got some good news and bad news really. The good news is I've been offered an accommodation in de havilland campus which was my first choice.
The bad news is, they sent me this email literally at 2:30pm and gave me till 5pm on the same day to accept the offer and do all the payment plans and all that. Take note I was in a 2 hour lecture that ends in 4 and my phone was dying so I had to deal with all this once I've gone back to the hotel which means I will quite literally have 30 minutes to sort everything out which includes calling my parents to confirm to them the email that I got. I've called the student centre twice, to ask for guidance. The first one was quite nice and she was able to move my moving date which supposed to have been tomorrow to Saturday. The second call was ridiculous though. The reason I called again was because I'm still having problems accepting the offer for my accommodation (mainly the payment plan) and the time is way past 5:00. I told her the problem I got and she made it seem like I don't know what I'm saying. Take note, she implied herself that she wasn't part of the residential allocation team as they all have gone home. All I wanted to ask was whether they can extend the deadline for tomorrow because I can deal with everything on my own if they actually gave me enough time. But No. She asked me to follow what it says exactly in the email which she had no knowledge of at all cuz you can tell by the way she's speaking. Now, I've not accepted the offer properly yet and I'm thinking of physically visiting the student centre tomorrow assumming they accept my partially done reply to their accommodation offer.

So then how did it go, hope it got sorted alright...:frown:
Original post by jamie225
So then how did it go, hope it got sorted alright...:frown:

Yep. Everything is fine now. I moved in this morning. I'm in aldenham hall flat 4. I figured things out myself yesterday which they could have easily told me. The deadlines they gave just stressed me out so bad. Isn't there WiFi in all the halls in De Havilland? I can't seem to detect any. (Currently using my limited 4g)
Reply 4
Original post by cheesychocolate
Yep. Everything is fine now. I moved in this morning. I'm in aldenham hall flat 4. I figured things out myself yesterday which they could have easily told me. The deadlines they gave just stressed me out so bad. Isn't there WiFi in all the halls in De Havilland? I can't seem to detect any. (Currently using my limited 4g)

glad to hear :smile: should just be the usual UHWifi......is where I am at least. can be quite slow at times though
Reply 5
Is anyone still waiting to move into halls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending