Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    It's in my avatar

ReputationRep:
    I went to the Pompidou Centre last year and my boyfriend managed to takea picture of me (without me knowing) looking at a Dali picture. A very amazing shocked/peturbed face. (the horses had enormous willies!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I went to the Pompidou Centre last year and my boyfriend managed to takea picture of me (without me knowing) looking at a Dali picture. A very amazing shocked/peturbed face. (the horses had enormous willies!)
    hehehe, caught in the act

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    It's in my avatar
    I'm sure there are two artists who painted that. *thinks hard*. I know Klimt was one, I think maybe Mondrian was the other... i can't remember but I saw it in one book and I had seen the other the other day and I put them together and I was : :eek:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Oh and a painting I saw in a temporary gallery in the Trafford Centre that I should have bought (even though it was £1000 - I should have just got it and worried about finding the money later) called "fun on the beach" a massive picture of two serious looking gentlemen with the beach in the background one of them absolutely screaming at the other - their faces were about 5 foot tall and took up almost all of the picture and the expressions were absolutely wonderful...it had me and hubby in hysterics for hours (we kept nipping back in for another look) and would have looked fabulous on our kitchen wall.

Should have bought the thing....
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I'm sure there are two artists who painted that. *thinks hard*. I know Klimt was one, I think maybe Mondrian was the other... i can't remember but I saw it in one book and I had seen the other the other day and I put them together and I was : :eek:
    This is a klimt one - he did two similar paintings - one was a lot darker and the other one had bluebells...I like the one with bluebells most

ReputationRep:
    This is a klimt one - he did two similar paintings - one was a lot darker and the other one had bluebells...I like the one with bluebells most
    I swear that another artists did one - beeches somethingorother. Hmmm

Just read that Canterbury travel thing - SHOCKING!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I swear that another artists did one - beeches somethingorother. Hmmm
    I'm sure it's a pretty common subject...or at least for any artists who like forests/woods like I do (I'm very annoyed with big brother for stealing my idea to have a wall papers with a blown up photo of trees - that's been my plan for our spare room for years)

Just read that Canterbury travel thing - SHOCKING!!
    What they did to us was far worse (bound by potential legal stuff not to explain though (although there's a breif rundown on the moaning thread somewhere - I figured the lawyers are unlikey to subscribe))

ReputationRep:
    Rene Magritte's Reckless sleeper. Have attatched an image of the lovely painting
    Attached Images

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    http://bertc.com/klimt3.htm is a picture of the one with the bluebells - it's a birch forest not a beech forest like the one in my avatar.

ReputationRep:
    i really like all the surrealst stuff i went to the dali museum in spain its great i took my sister and she loved it and shes only nine i love his stuff.

ReputationRep:
    http://tsos.lan.krasu.ru/slaids/issk.../01/img/82.jpg
    It looks much better in original, but to see it you'd have to go to St.Peterburg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonata)
    http://tsos.lan.krasu.ru/slaids/issk.../01/img/82.jpg
    It looks much better in original, but to see it you'd have to go to St.Peterburg
    i like that a lot. i tried to do something like that for my gcse piece.

in the end i gave up. but i got an a overall so it couldn't have been that bad

ReputationRep:
    http://bertc.com/klimt3.htm is a picture of the one with the bluebells - it's a birch forest not a beech forest like the one in my avatar.
    Techinicalities....

(I'm so Shocked... you kick their asses PQ)

ReputationRep:
    Henri Matisse: "Tiger (Shocked)"

ReputationRep:
    starry night
    Attached Images

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Techinicalities....
    Wasn't trying to be a pedant (I only knew the difference via google - I just call em the one with and without the bluebells )

(and I intend to - and once we've got some compensation I intend to publicise all over the web/newspapers/watchdog/radio etc etc how shockingly bad they are at dealing with their customers - and how shambolic they are at dealing with complaints (our solicitor read the letters they'd sent in response to our 2 complaint letters and her reaction was "I'm absolutley disgusted and I want this woman fired!" ))

ReputationRep:
    mona lisa by groening

ReputationRep:
    Starry Night by Van Gogh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Starry Night by Van Gogh.
    :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.