GIRLS who wear contacts! Watch

This discussion is closed.
lovely_girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
omg, is it absolutely impossible to take your contacts out, if you have long nails??? For some reason(well,now that my nails are longer), i can't seem to able to take my contacts out, without scratching my eye!(i scratched it yesterday, and it still hurts!) I don't know what to do...and they're not even that long! what should i do? for example, i can't take them out now...aaa
SEX KITTEN
Report 14 years ago
Cut your nails
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lovely_girl)
omg, is it absolutely impossible to take your contacts out, if you have long nails??? For some reason(well,now that my nails are longer), i can't seem to able to take my contacts out, without scratching my eye!(i scratched it yesterday, and it still hurts!) I don't know what to do...and they're not even that long! what should i do? for example, i can't take them out now...aaa
Cut your nails?? I don't wear contacts..and i'm not a girl..but if its going to scratch your eyes everytime you try and take them out....:eek:..

G
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wear glasses. Alternatively:

Taking the lens off (method 1)

Take place before a table with a little mirror. Leaning the head forward in looking at the mirror. Lie your finger on the temporal side of your eye and open your eye, and then pool the eye lids towards the ears, at the same time look towards the nose in blinking one or twice. The lens will fall on the mirror. Later, when you will be familiar with this operation, you will let fall down the lens in the other hand. If this method, do not work, try the second method.

Taking the lens off (method 2)

Take the sucker between the thumb and the index finger and pool the bottom lid down with the middle finger of the same hand. With the other hand pool the upper lid up. Lie the sucker, at right angle on the middle of the lens. This operation might be easier if the sucker is slightly humid. Stay with the eye open and pool out the lens with the sucker.

Taken from here.

PS. Anyone know where you can get a "sucker" from?
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i know people who can take them out with long nails be more careful cut your nails or go buy a pair of glasses
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
aaa! cut your nails?! wear glasses?! :eek:
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
i know how to take them out, i've been doing it for nearly two years...but now it hurts
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
when i got contacts i had short nails, now i have really long nails, but i've never had any problems.

when you take out your contacts do it with your nail at like 90 degrees to contact (kinda like your're pointing at your nose) and you should be ok. just make sure you do it will the bit of your finger parallel to your nail, not the very tip of your finger and it should work all right.

hope you manage!

lou xxx
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
erm, what's wrong with cutting your nails?! Are you aware of how much bacteria festers beneath the crevices of long fingernails?! eeeew.
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
yeah, i had short nails to start with too....hmmm, i'll try again....<sighs>
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Glasses can actually look very stylish..as long as you choose the right style.

Also..cutting your nails has many benefits...like...you don't scratch things

G
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by grace)
erm, what's wrong with cutting your nails?! Are you aware of how much bacteria festers beneath the crevices of long fingernails?! eeeew.
nothing's wrong with it...i just wanna grow my nails....like looooads of people do...
bean4ian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

i hear ya, have a similar dilema myslef....u just gotta go for it! grit ure teeth and dive in, u dont wanna cut your nails!!
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by gzftan)
Glasses can actually look very stylish..as long as you choose the right style.

Also..cutting your nails has many benefits...like...you don't scratch things

G
lol, you're not a girl and you don't wear contacts....but you still read this thread...hehe
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by bean4ian)
i hear ya, have a similar dilema myslef....u just gotta go for it! grit ure teeth and dive in, u dont wanna cut your nails!!
grit your teeth and dive in??? but what if i damage my cornea?!?!
SEX KITTEN
Report 14 years ago
well decide between contact lenses/glasses and long nails then
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, you're not a girl and you don't wear contacts....but you still read this thread...hehe
Reverse psycology..if you make a thread titled DO NOT READ THIS.....everyone will read it.....

G
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by gzftan)
Reverse psycology..if you make a thread titled DO NOT READ THIS.....everyone will read it.....

G
heh...guys.... :rolleyes:
bean4ian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

u wont.....if u've been wearing contacts already for 2years then im guessin u know what ur doing.....so just be careful but go for it, i have long nials and while it is difficult - i manage not to scratch my eye!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
heh...guys.... :rolleyes:
Lol...are you telling me..that if i made a thread entitled...Guys only..no girls allowed to read this thread....you wouldn't read it at all??

G
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1236)
79.59%
Leave (317)
20.41%

Watched Threads