Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm fine because i have short nails, i'd advice that you do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean4ian)
    u wont.....if u've been wearing contacts already for 2years then im guessin u know what ur doing.....so just be careful but go for it, i have long nials and while it is difficult - i manage not to scratch my eye!
    ok, ok...I'll try <sighs>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol...are you telling me..that if i made a thread entitled...Guys only..no girls allowed to read this thread....you wouldn't read it at all??

G
    lol, ok...im not always perfect....hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_girl)
    lol, ok...im not always perfect....hehe
    Lol...no-ones perfect..that's what makles us all so brilliant.......some ppl drop 2 grades below their predicted grade in AS chem....other scratch their eyes when taking out contacts...

G

ReputationRep:
    Lol...no-ones perfect..that's what makles us all so brilliant.......some ppl drop 2 grades below their predicted grade in AS chem....other scratch their eyes when taking out contacts...

G
    at least my imperfections are only minor...j/k!

ReputationRep:
    at least my imperfections are only minor...j/k!
    Lol....no offence taken....in hindsight..a C in chem was the best thing that's ever happened to me

G

ReputationRep:
    Lol....no offence taken....in hindsight..a C in chem was the best thing that's ever happened to me

G
    sorry, didn't realize you were referring to yourself , but hey, everything happens for a reason...

ReputationRep:
    sorry, didn't realize you were referring to yourself , but hey, everything happens for a reason...
    Call it fate...divine intervention...whatever...as long as it works out in the end..i'm happy

G

ReputationRep:
    Call it fate...divine intervention...whatever...as long as it works out in the end..i'm happy

G
    good for you(i mean it) , but im not ...how can a scratched cornea turn out to be a good thing...?

omg, i still can't do it...

ReputationRep:
    good for you(i mean it) , but im not ...how can a scratched cornea turn out to be a good thing...?

omg, i still can't do it...
    Whoops...deviated slightly from the topic there...if i had any idea..i'd tell you..unfortunately..not my area of expertise...like chemistry

Good luck with your eyes

G

ReputationRep:
    Whoops...deviated slightly from the topic there...if i had any idea..i'd tell you..unfortunately..not my area of expertise...like chemistry

Good luck with your eyes

G
    yaaay! I got the right one out!! whoo hoo...without scratching my eye...
    now i have to get the left one out...euh, it's weird having only one in...for me...

ReputationRep:

Good luck with your eyes

G
    yaaay! I took them out! whoooo hoo! I did it without scratching my eye ...well, i almost scrated my left eye, jeez...it's so difficult!

ReputationRep:
    put your fingers side on to your eye, so the nails factowards you nose. One finger on top lid, one on the bottom. Open eye lids wide, push slightly towards eye and then close the lid, the lense will bend between the lids and pop out.

This can be done even with ridiculously long fake nails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    put your fingers side on to your eye, so the nails factowards you nose. One finger on top lid, one on the bottom. Open eye lids wide, push slightly towards eye and then close the lid, the lense will bend between the lids and pop out.

This can be done even with ridiculously long fake nails.
    err...i dont really get it...push slightly towards eye???
    oh well, i got them out...but it's still difficult...

ReputationRep:
    i can't do mine that way. ask at your opticians- when i got mine she showed me how to do so i could manage no matter how long my nails are. it's really hard to explain on here, but it is possible (my nails are acrylixc and when i first got them i couldn't do anything, i was so useless)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    You need to get your eyelid behind the lens, so when you push the lids together you are pushing against the edge of the lens.

ReputationRep:
    how long are we talking..?

because when my nails are short i.e. cut as far as posisble i find it really hard to take mine out! i think normally i use the nail to pinch & lift them out..so you just need to make sure you don't poke them in, but rather along the surface, if that makes sense..?

ReputationRep:
    I've been wearin contacts 4years nd i love my long nails. Do what u normally do 2take dem out bt use da side of ur thumb nd finger instead of the front. no more scratching no more pain nd still lovely long nails!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.