mariiahh
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Will having 2 A levels and 2 Btecs be good in order to get into university?
I don't really want to drop my 2 BTECs as they are to do with the course I want to do in the future. However I'm not sure if it will be okay to go to Uni with 2 A levels.
I am taking:
Computer Science Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
Engineering Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
Business Studies Level 3 A level
Applied Science Level 3 A level

With this i realised i will not be able to drop business which i was planning on doing.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what are you looking to do at uni?

yes thats more than enough to get in, you are doing the equiv. of 4 A levels, you could drop one and take the 3 if you wanted to

why cant you drop Business?
mariiahh
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
what are you looking to do at uni?

yes thats more than enough to get in, you are doing the equiv. of 4 A levels, you could drop one and take the 3 if you wanted to

why cant you drop Business?

I am hoping to do artificial intelligence or software engineering at the moment. And also because i thought that it might look bad to do just 1 full a level..? With 2 btecs
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mariiahh)
I am hoping to do artificial intelligence or software engineering at the moment. And also because i thought that it might look bad to do just 1 full a level..? With 2 btecs
Wont make any difference

Computing and Engineering BTECs are really good, however Maths would be a better choice than Applied Science

Im in the second year of my Computer Science degree at a top 20 uni and I did an Extended (worth 3 A levels) Computing BTEC, at my uni if you want to do Software Engineering, Computer Science or Artificial Intelligence you would need to get Distinction, Distinction in your 2 BTECs and a grade B in Maths or Physics and i think this is similar for other mid-high ranked universities, however having the combination of Computing, Engineering and Applied Science might get you an offer as they are all STEM subjects, you would have to enquire though as some (mainly top 10 unis) strictly require Maths

Also Computing and Engineering are much more relevant than Business, I think youll be fine, have a think about taking Maths or Physics though, I would say instead of Business (preferably) and/or Applied Science.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else
steeveirandomel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You failed before you started - ag
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (21)
18.26%
I'm not sure (2)
1.74%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (34)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (55)
47.83%

Watched Threads