Mohammed.Noman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I recently chose Biology, Geography, Combined English Lit & Lang and Economics as my a-levels for college. I want to do something related to life sciences like biotech or bio-medical science. Not sure if I can still go on to do my chosen degree or if there are other degrees better suited to my a-level choices.
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mohammed.Noman)
I recently chose Biology, Geography, Combined English Lit & Lang and Economics as my a-levels for college. I want to do something related to life sciences like biotech or bio-medical science. Not sure if I can still go on to do my chosen degree or if there are other degrees better suited to my a-level choices.
If you can change one of your A-levels(except biology), chemistry would be more suitable. Yours are too essay/humanities based currently for those degrees.
Mohammed.Noman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
If you can change one of your A-levels(except biology), chemistry would be more suitable. Yours are too essay/humanities based currently for those degrees.
So what would degrees you recommend as an alternative.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have a look at entry requirements to see what you can do but go with what you're interested in. The poster above is right about needing two sciences for a life sciences degree.
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So what would degrees you recommend as an alternative.
I'd recommend doing what you love. If that's the life sciences then you should change one of your options.
frozen_fire
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would replace one of those choices with Chemistry (keeping Biology). Otherwise that combination isn't ideal training for a degree in the life sciences, particularly if you go down the biochem/biotech/biomed route.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (66)
17.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (107)
28.53%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.87%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.8%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.2%

Watched Threads