The Student Room Group

Applying for remark past deadline (extenuating circumstances)

Hello, all comments are well appreciated :smile:

Recently, I have been looking at my exam results, noticing that I got 268/300 in my Chemistry A Level I would really want to remark an exam. But the deadline has past :frown:. As you can see I am 2 ums away from an A*, so it would mean the world to me.

However, all chemistry remarks go through my chemistry teacher and he was not able to get into the country in time ( idk why), so I feel a bit upset about this. Is it possible that I could call up Edexcel and state my conditions? My Chemistry teacher would comply to this. Thanks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mubmoh
Hello, all comments are well appreciated :smile:

Recently, I have been looking at my exam results, noticing that I got 268/300 in my Chemistry A Level I would really want to remark an exam. But the deadline has past :frown:. As you can see I am 2 ums away from an A*, so it would mean the world to me.

However, all chemistry remarks go through my chemistry teacher and he was not able to get into the country in time ( idk why), so I feel a bit upset about this. Is it possible that I could call up Edexcel and state my conditions? My Chemistry teacher would comply to this. Thanks :smile:

Calling would never hurt, you don't need to post on TSR to do that :tongue: as for the re-mark itself, I'm not sure how much lenience you'll get - its your tutor's fault for being out of the country - its not something Edexcel can be held accountable for. Lastly, there's also the chance that your mark wouldn't go up, but that's not up to me to decide :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by p.formanko
Calling would never hurt, you don't need to post on TSR to do that :tongue: as for the re-mark itself, I'm not sure how much lenience you'll get - its your tutor's fault for being out of the country - its not something Edexcel can be held accountable for. Lastly, there's also the chance that your mark wouldn't go up, but that's not up to me to decide :smile:

Thanks :smile:, and I know that Edexcel isn't accountable which is so frustrating :frown:
And you're right it could go up and down, but I'd rather it go down than to rather not try. Thanks again :P

Has there ever been past circumstances where remarks have been applied for past the deadline?
Original post by mubmoh
Thanks :smile:, and I know that Edexcel isn't accountable which is so frustrating :frown:
And you're right it could go up and down, but I'd rather it go down than to rather not try. Thanks again :P

Has there ever been past circumstances where remarks have been applied for past the deadline?

The deadline was 20th September - surely your teacher was back by then?

I can't see Edexcel bending the rules for such an excuse.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
The deadline was 20th September - surely your teacher was back by then?

I can't see Edexcel bending the rules for such an excuse.

No, my teacher was not back (I know he was in his homeland, maybe something personal had happened)

And to be honest, you're right, Edexcel do not need to bend the rules for me at all - I doubt it affects them even in the slightness. My grade is not relevant to them at all. However, it is relevant to me, there's a big difference between an A and A* when it comes to university applications. And to miss an A* by 2 ums is so painful, so all I can do is pray and wish for a positive response.

Thanks for the comment :smile:
Original post by mubmoh
No, my teacher was not back (I know he was in his homeland, maybe something personal had happened)

And to be honest, you're right, Edexcel do not need to bend the rules for me at all - I doubt it affects them even in the slightness. My grade is not relevant to them at all. However, it is relevant to me, there's a big difference between an A and A* when it comes to university applications. And to miss an A* by 2 ums is so painful, so all I can do is pray and wish for a positive response.

Thanks for the comment :smile:

It's down to your school - if your teacher was not back then someone else could have agreed to it. At my school students request a re-mark and anyone that has taught them can agree to it. If someone was absent like this then a re-mark would be agreed by a Deputy -

I'm sorry that you stand no chance of Edexcel agreeing to this.
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
It's down to your school - if your teacher was not back then someone else could have agreed to it. At my school students request a re-mark and anyone that has taught them can agree to it. If someone was absent like this then a re-mark would be agreed by a Deputy -

I'm sorry that you stand no chance of Edexcel agreeing to this.

Thanks for you're time :smile: I'm guessing all I can do is shoot an email their way and pray. If no remark is possible, I should be able to get predicted an A* (in a gap year) and then resit a unit ( so not all hope is lost :biggrin:). I'm in a gap year, so it can't be that tough. I always appreciate brutal honesty :gigg:
Original post by mubmoh
Thanks for you're time :smile: I'm guessing all I can do is shoot an email their way and pray. If no remark is possible, I should be able to get predicted an A* (in a gap year) and then resit a unit ( so not all hope is lost :biggrin:). I'm in a gap year, so it can't be that tough. I always appreciate brutal honesty :gigg:

Yes - I'm sorry - you need to tell yourself there is NO guarantee it would have gone up - most don't whatever you read on here!

It's too late to even get the paper back now anyway I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending