Turn on thread page Beta

How Are Edexcel Papers Marked watch

ReputationRep:
    For any edexcel subjects!

IN particular in Alevel maths me and my mates often make stupid mistakes at the Begining of a question and that makes the rest wrong despite its done perfectly!

Any CLEVER people or TEACHERS or EXAMINERS out there no if you still gain some credit for doing the rest right despite making a mistake early on.

This particularly aplies to statistics in my case but could be for any of maths alevel edexcel.

Cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vman)
    For any edexcel subjects!

IN particular in Alevel maths me and my mates often make stupid mistakes at the Begining of a question and that makes the rest wrong despite its done perfectly!

Any CLEVER people or TEACHERS or EXAMINERS out there no if you still gain some credit for doing the rest right despite making a mistake early on.

This particularly aplies to statistics in my case but could be for any of maths alevel edexcel.

Cheers guys!
    I believe that error carried forward normally applies..ie..if you get the first part of a question wrong...but use the right method in later parts of the question...you get the amrks for the later parts, despite ending up with the wrong value.

G

ReputationRep:
    ? Say i was doing e.g 6b) and got the first part of 6b) wrong but using the wrong value i finished 6b) in the correct way do i still get marks?

LOL i no its a bit hard to understand !

cheers!

ReputationRep:
    they are marked by well trained monkeys

ReputationRep:
    lol but u no who else marks and how with the monkeys

(Original post by keithy)
    they are marked by well trained monkeys
    I dispute that!
    they dont seem very well trained to me

ReputationRep:
    ANY PEOPLE WANT TO DISPUTE THE MONKEY THING

Or actually no how there marked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vman)
    ANY PEOPLE WANT TO DISPUTE THE MONKEY THING

Or actually no how there marked
    dispute the monkey thing!

ReputationRep:
    Someone not anti edexcel at last

lol

u no how there marked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vman)
    Someone not anti edexcel at last

lol

u no how there marked?
    yes i do, what you wanna know?

ReputationRep:
    ? Say i was doing e.g 6b) and got the first part of 6b) wrong but using the wrong value i finished 6b) in the correct way do i still get marks?

This is for A-level Stats s3 btw (happened to me twice today)

cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vman)

This is for A-level Stats s3 btw (happened to me twice today)

cheers!
    oh ok, ok say the mark was out of 6 then you would definetley lose the accuracy mark (A1)(A1) so that leaves 4 marks. if you used the wrong value but you done the right method and came out with the right answer for the value you put in you will get ECF(A1) and (M1)(M1) the other mark is reserved for steps in working. so total u will get 3 marks.
    best thing to do, look for a familiar question in your past papers then by looking at the mark scheme you can work out how many marks someone would get. if the scheme has a little e.c.f next to it u will b fine

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

If presuming u know about s3 ill explain

it was a 11 mark q and like a friend of mine i use the wrong value of the prob for a good ness of fit test and that would make the rest of the part wrong.
    But do u think i would get marks for working out the rest of the part using the wrong probablity.

similiarly a 12 mark question - contigency table u had to convert the % into corresponding number of people. But nerves got the better of me and i didnt but continued going it and im pretty sure it was all done right. Again u think ill get marks for it?

I looked at spec paper mark scheme but did not find a e.f.c

thanks sorry bout this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vman)
    Cheers

If presuming u know about s3 ill explain

it was a 11 mark q and like a friend of mine i use the wrong value of the prob for a good ness of fit test and that would make the rest of the part wrong.
    But do u think i would get marks for working out the rest of the part using the wrong probablity.

similiarly a 12 mark question - contigency table u had to convert the % into corresponding number of people. But nerves got the better of me and i didnt but continued going it and im pretty sure it was all done right. Again u think ill get marks for it?

I looked at spec paper mark scheme but did not find a e.f.c

thanks sorry bout this
    guaranteed you will get the marks. ofcourse you will lose the 2 mark answer marks for both questions and you will prob lose 2 marks from each for using the wrong value as this alters the accuracy. IF you worked out the right answer for your value and used the right method i say you will get 7/11 and 8/12 but definetely 5/11 and 6/12

ReputationRep:
    CHEERS M8 UR A REAL HELP

U A EXAMINER OR SOMETHING?

or jus cleva

lol

ReputationRep:
    no its just caus thats happened to me so many times even today in s1. i have had a few of my papers sent back to me and seen how they mark it. there was one 15 mark question i got a) wrong and then i had to use it in b) c) d) e) i got 13/15 marks! just lost 2 for wrong value

ReputationRep:
    I see u got 13/15

but u got the answer to part a) wrong then did b,c,d etc

But for 1 part of my question part 6b) i did the first bit of Just that part wrong which made the rest of that part (worth 11 i no alot) wrong u reckon illl still get the marks u sed

i did the rest of that q right it was worth 15 altogether

cheers (again)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vman)
    I see u got 13/15

but u got the answer to part a) wrong then did b,c,d etc

But for 1 part of my question part 6b) i did the first bit of Just that part wrong which made the rest of that part (worth 11 i no alot) wrong u reckon illl still get the marks u sed

i did the rest of that q right it was worth 15 altogether

cheers (again)
    yeh you will
    was it like
    a) 3 marks
    b) 4 marks
    c) 4 marks
    d) 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    No it was

a) 2marks- got right
    b) 11 marks- i got the first part of this wrong do i get credit still for what i
    did with the wrong value
    c) 2 marks- got right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vman)
    No it was

a) 2marks- got right
    b) 11 marks- i got the first part of this wrong do i get credit still for what i
    did with the wrong value
    c) 2 marks- got right
    oh yeh ofcourse you will, in fact they may only deduct one mark, but probably 2

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.