The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I believe that if you are using the wrong value in the right method the marks that you receive are known as follow through marks.
Reply 21
samdavyson
I believe that if you are using the wrong value in the right method the marks that you receive are known as follow through marks.

yes they are. if they accept follow through for each part vman will get all but one mark. if they only accept for some parts then prob all but 4 marks
i don't know if this is the case for maths as well, but one of my teachers (who is a moderator for edexcel A - level biology) said that they'll be marking our papers (GCSE) on the internet, cos she's doing so this year for the A - levels
Reply 23
neversaynever
i don't know if this is the case for maths as well, but one of my teachers (who is a moderator for edexcel A - level biology) said that they'll be marking our papers (GCSE) on the internet, cos she's doing so this year for the A - levels

i'm not too sure about that but ive heard about all papers will be scanned by exam boards then sent to markers, just to make it quicker,cheaper and so they dont get lost in the post
nah, it is true!!! We were asking about what if the papers got lost in the post and she said that wont happen this year cos they'll all be sent to edexcel hq and e-mailed from there to all the moderators.
Reply 25
CHEERS GUYS!

CAN ANY CONFIRM THAT THERE ARE FOLLOW UP MARKS IF FOR EXAMPLE:

a) 2marks- got right
b) 11 marks- i got the first part of this wrong do i get credit still for what i
did with the wrong value
c) 2 marks- got right

DO I STILL GET MARKS FOR THE 11 MARK ONE IF E.G I USED THE WRONG VALUE
Reply 26
When I took P2 (edexcel) in January it was an exam paper that was printed with my name, and you answered on the actual paper. Wasn't sure whether they were doing it over the internet this time because they've gone back to using a normal answer booklet :confused:
Reply 27
?
Reply 28
yes vlad you will get error carried forward marks.

if i were you, i'd stop getting so worked up about it, you can't change it now that you've done it. its only 1 question, so long as you used the right method with the wrong value, you'll get most of the marks
Reply 29
Sorry but u no how it is if i dnt get the grade no uni 4 me

thnx neway

Latest

Trending

Trending