hnebiyu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm applying in this month of October to study Law in 2016. Basically, I did the LNAT's, and although I think it went well, obviously I don't find out for a while. Does the essay part focus on content over punctuation and grammar? Because I wrote 450 words and had no time to edit, but from what I did write (moral correctness and utilitarianism) I believe I did pretty well. Anyways, I have a predicted 38 in IB, and so I was thinking of applying to 2-3 LNAT uni's out of my 5 choices in case I did not do as well as I though. Would anyone be able to offer perspective?

1) Oxford (LNAT)
2) Bristol/Nottingham (LNAT)
3) Exeter
4) Queen Mary
5) East Anglia/Reading

or even Lancaster? Seeing as I have only visited Oxford and the London universities, I'm not sure about the social life, etc for the others. I would really appreciate any feedback Thanks.
LS2311
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hnebiyu)
I'm applying in this month of October to study Law in 2016. Basically, I did the LNAT's, and although I think it went well, obviously I don't find out for a while. Does the essay part focus on content over punctuation and grammar? Because I wrote 450 words and had no time to edit, but from what I did write (moral correctness and utilitarianism) I believe I did pretty well. Anyways, I have a predicted 38 in IB, and so I was thinking of applying to 2-3 LNAT uni's out of my 5 choices in case I did not do as well as I though. Would anyone be able to offer perspective?

1) Oxford (LNAT)
2) Bristol/Nottingham (LNAT)
3) Exeter
4) Queen Mary
5) East Anglia/Reading

or even Lancaster? Seeing as I have only visited Oxford and the London universities, I'm not sure about the social life, etc for the others. I would really appreciate any feedback Thanks.
I'm applying to two LNAT unis (Durham and Nottingham)
I thought I was okay with multiple choice but I'm starting to doubt it now. Although i'm most concerned about the essay, if i got Moral correctness and utilitarianism I would have no idea where to start. My issue isn't the actual writing it's the content.
If you have any title ideas or any help it'd be much appreciated!
Going back to your question I can only speak about Nottingham but I loved it there, and was initially concerned about social life but I don't think that will be a problem. Hope this helps!
Ruby17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LS2311)
I'm applying to two LNAT unis (Durham and Nottingham)
I thought I was okay with multiple choice but I'm starting to doubt it now. Although i'm most concerned about the essay, if i got Moral correctness and utilitarianism I would have no idea where to start. My issue isn't the actual writing it's the content.
If you have any title ideas or any help it'd be much appreciated!
Going back to your question I can only speak about Nottingham but I loved it there, and was initially concerned about social life but I don't think that will be a problem. Hope this helps!
I'm also applying to durham for law. My sister got 38/42 on the LNAT and she said she just practised everything again and again, she used the Mark Shephards book. For essays she said she kept with current news and general knowledge essays. I hope this helps a bit
zahra_dalal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Got my LNAT on tuesday and I'm applying to 2 LNAT unis. I've just been using the Mark Shepherd book and the online resources. Just praying that the essay question isn't too hard :/
hnebiyu
Rep:
?
(Original post by zahra_dalal)
Got my LNAT on tuesday and I'm applying to 2 LNAT unis. I've just been using the Mark Shepherd book and the online resources. Just praying that the essay question isn't too hard :/
You get 3 choices to choose from, so whichever you think you can write best on should be your choice Main thing above all is to manage time well and you'll do fine. Hope this helps!
zahra_dalal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You get 3 choices to choose from, so whichever you think you can write best on should be your choice Main thing above all is to manage time well and you'll do fine. Hope this helps!
Thank you! I've managed to do a couple of mocks in school under the time limit and have finished in time so hopefully i'll be ok on that front. Like you say I just need to pick the essay option I can write best about. Have you already taken yours?
laura2311
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What online resources have you being using apart from LNAT website past papers?
laura2311
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you! I've managed to do a couple of mocks in school under the time limit and have finished in time so hopefully i'll be ok on that front. Like you say I just need to pick the essay option I can write best about. Have you already taken yours?
How are people preparing for they essay?
Any predictions?
hnebiyu
Rep:
?
Yes I have. On monday I tried mocks as well but they only help to a certain extent before becoming redundant. Basically I hope they place a focus on content over grammar for the essay
laura2311
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm really worried mines on Wednesday, any essay advice
zahra_dalal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by laura2311)
I'm really worried mines on Wednesday, any essay advice
I'm just trying to do as many as possible in the time limit, planning included and then giving them to my english teacher to tear to shreds! But yeah I think just practice as much as possible because to some extent the subjects that'll come up will be down to luck x Good luck for yours, hope it all goes well
zahra_dalal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I have. On monday I tried mocks as well but they only help to a certain extent before becoming redundant. Basically I hope they place a focus on content over grammar for the essay
Oh you must be so relieved! Haha I'm with you on that one, let's hope so - fingers crossed :') . I Just want to do it already, been prepping since summer!
Ewalsh98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing my LNAT exam tomorrow, and I'm really stuggling, does anyone have any advice? I'm a straight A / A* student, I don't understand why I find the LNAT so difficult, I just cannot do it the highest score I've got is 18 which is awful, I'm applying to Durham and Bristol btw.
Unihelp007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok I don't know where to post this but I need help....I took my lnat test on 10 December...I put in my wrong UCAS number and have only just realised his and changed it to the right one on the pearson account info website...WHAT DO I DOHAVE I FKED UP MY CHANCE OF GETTING INDOES IT AUTOMATICALLY SEND???Someone tell me they've been in this boat too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads